Carnival Suite Perks

We've booked an Ocean Suite on the Carnival Dream for 10/08/17. This will be our first time in a suite. Sailed the Dream last November in a Cove Balcony with FTTF. The Carnival PVP stated that we would receive the same perks as those included with FTTF. I've read on these boards conflicting information going both ways on this topic. Looking for some clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Below is the link to FTTF. You can tell which perks of FTTF are included in your Suite because it will say "Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations" (emphasis mine).

If it doesn't mention Suites specifically, then you don't get that perk.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374

You will be wasting your money on FTTF if you have a suite. We had a suite last year and got priority boarding, concierge, tenders, etc. I actually felt guilty at times bypassing all the lines.

In general, and we have had plenty of Carnival suites, Carnival suite perks are non-existent. Priority embarkation and de-embarkation are pretty much it. Then we started sailing with Holland America and if you want suite perks, book a Neptune Suite on Holland America - we love them and they offer real perks.

• Like 1

You will be wasting your money on FTTF if you have a suite. We had a suite last year and got priority boarding, concierge, tenders, etc. I actually felt guilty at times bypassing all the lines.

Concierge? Not on Carnival. If you want early access to your cabin or the dedicated GS line, you will need FTTF.

We stay in an ocean suite all the time and I see no need to purchase FTTF. With suite you get special line or lounge to check in at the port, on the ship right after weddings and Diamond card holders, your cabin is ready when you get on the ship, special line at service desk. What else do you really need? BTW we have stayed in an OS on our last 6 cruises and love the extra room and dressing room with extra closets and drawer space.

Concierge? Not on Carnival. If you want early access to your cabin or the dedicated GS line, you will need FTTF.

We've had an OS on our last 6 cruises and our room is always ready. We always arrive early as possible. And we were told to use the special line at GS. I have only used it once as I haven't had a need more than that.

We've had an OS on our last 6 cruises and our room is always ready. We always arrive early as possible. And we were told to use the special line at GS. I have only used it once as I haven't had a need more than that.

It was coincidence that your cabin was ready, It's not a perk of having a suite and you shouldn't have gone through the doors if the cabins weren't ready for everyone. You should have also been denied the special GS line. I'm not saying this as an attack on you, just stating the way it is. A Suite does not get you any of those perks.

b2d48fea3badfd2aaa9798d2b6fc00ae.jpg

83d93267f59ec3bc87e5f8c328206411.jpg

945e900e3d5bfd59ce319aa3b48dbaa1.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

I only sail from Long Beach and my experience is that the FTTF bug is printed on my bag tags, and a sticker applied to my sign and sail card. The suite is ready as I board which is usually when the rope drops. I go to the head of the line at tender ports, and have no problem getting my choice in the main dining room. My bags arrive almost as soon as I put down my carry on, and my suite has been prepared according to SOP. The room steward comes and addresses me by name and welcomes me aboard. I request extra towels and a full ice bucket (I like my Dr. Pepper cold). I also find a small note from management thanking me for sailing with them. The only contact with GS I have had were to get the tub door properly hung, make the Jacuzzi work, along with the closet lighting. They were on the same breaker. GS answered the phone quickly, and dispatched plumber and electrician to put it right before leaving the dock.

I am not sure why FiremanBob'sWife feels there are additional perks for paid FTTF guests because she is usually one of the most accurate reporters on this board. I can only think maybe the service on the East Coast ships slips once in a while under the weight of the sheer volume of pax.

We had a suite last year on the Carnival Sunshine out of New York and the Carnival rep told us to drop FTTF which we did. When we got to the port we were admitted into the Platinum waiting area and boarded the ship prior to FTTF; our cabin was ready when we boarded and we got all the benefits associated with FTTF.

I only sail from Long Beach and my experience is that the FTTF bug is printed on my bag tags, and a sticker applied to my sign and sail card.

I am not sure why FiremanBob'sWife feels there are additional perks for paid FTTF guests because she is usually one of the most accurate reporters on this board. I can only think maybe the service on the East Coast ships slips once in a while under the weight of the sheer volume of pax.

Because that's the way it is and it is fact. I have provided all the documentation in my various posts. I don't know what else you need. As I have said before in other threads as well as my Vista review, suites are not ready at embarkation. I walked past a lot of them when I got on Vista and they were nowhere near ready. Sheets stripped off, trash in the cabins, S&S cards not in the mailboxes.

If you had an FTTF sticker on your card, then they gave you FTTF and you had all the paid perks that came with it. Once again, having a suite does not give you all the perks as FTTF. Suites do get priority luggage delivery and therefore have the FTTF logo on the luggage tags. Same with Diamond and Platinum.

Since you only sail from Long Beach, then perhaps they give you FTTF as maybe it's not as popular there or I don't know why. But I can assure you that's not how it works in Miami or other ports.

But if you don't want to believe me (as you said I'm one of the most accurate reporters on here), you can read through the various threads at people that have had suites and still bought or continue to buy FTTF because of the additional benefits it provides. You will always find those who's cabins have been ready because that's just the way it worked out. No different than a regular cabin that just so happened to be done sooner. They don't all automatically turn over at exactly 1:00. Point being that unless you see your category mentioned on the signs to the cabins, you aren't suppose to go through.

But that's OK. The ships are transitioning to the cards in the mailboxes which means the people that aren't supposed to be there won't have their keys so that can't "just drop their stuff off". As I stated previously, on Vista suites weren't ready. Some were. But a lot weren't. There's just no way they can get all those cabins in a row ready early.

Firemarshallbill is absolutely correct. I had a suite on the Triumph last year and honestly thought that the cabin was supposed to be ready upon embarkation and was quite surprised when it wasn't. I wasn't Platinum yet, so I was out of luck and had to put all of our things into one of our other cabins. When I got home, I actually looked it up and discovered that that was actually the policy.

Sorry about the "Firemarshallbill" thing, but I couldn't resist. If anyone doesn't get the reference, then you never watched "In Living Color."

Cheers!

Firemarshallbill is absolutely correct. I had a suite on the Triumph last year and honestly thought that the cabin was supposed to be ready upon embarkation and was quite surprised when it wasn't. I wasn't Platinum yet, so I was out of luck and had to put all of our things into one of our other cabins. When I got home, I actually looked it up and discovered that that was actually the policy.

Sorry about the "Firemarshallbill" thing, but I couldn't resist. If anyone doesn't get the reference, then you never watched "In Living Color."

Cheers!

I thought it was hilarious and thanks for the back up.

Cheers!

An iconic Jim Carey character. I even dressed as Fire Marshall Bill one year for a Halloween party - I just couldn't get the burned off upper lip look quite right though! ;)

(y)

Hey Joe - whereabouts are you in AZ?

I've been in Scottsdale the last few days for some workshops. I thought I was in Vegas when I got off the plane (terrain and dry heat, which I love) but there was not as much neon here! :D

Catching the red eye back to Florida this evening - never had to do that before. I'll do my best to sleep most of the 4 hours. We'll see !!

Tom

Hey Joe - whereabouts are you in AZ?

I've been in Scottsdale the last few days for some workshops. I thought I was in Vegas when I got off the plane (terrain and dry heat, which I love) but there was not as much neon here! :D

Catching the red eye back to Florida this evening - never had to do that before. I'll do my best to sleep most of the 4 hours. We'll see !!

Tom

Hi Tom, We're in Phoenix - about 10 miles west of North Scottsdale. Yes, from late may to early July it's really hot and very dry here then the so-called "monsoon" season starts in early-mid July and the thunderstorm season is upon us. Not a lot different than Vegas for sure (except for the glitz). Hope you can get some z's this evening!

Concierge?.......you sure this was a Carnival sailing that you're referring to??