cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPad and iPhone app doesn’t show newly-listed items

Why do eBay keep breaking functionality with each new release? I just upgraded the iPad eBay app. Now when I check my saved searches, it doesn’t display newly-listed items. The error message relates to the date format (see below) so I think this is some back-end thing that eBay have screwed up. The metadata on the newly-listed items isn’t matching what the upgraded app requires. You have to dismiss the error message then click on the search results again, but now you don’t see the newly-listed items, you just see all the items. So infuriating.

IMG_2700.jpeg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Having the same problem. Have tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Sadly after reinstalling the app I can no longer login to the eBay app. Login screen just freezes with the 2 step verification not working.

Im using a iPad Pro 10.5-inch. Ipad is fully updated. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I’m on an iPad Pro 12.9” (3rd gen) also on the latest iOS. Interestingly enough the iPhone app is still okay. I’ll just have to avoid browsing new items on my iPad till they fix this bug.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Having the same problem today, I just updated to the new version iOS 6.137.0.2 , that same alert shows up when I click on the saved searches , also, I bought a new iPhone and I can’t login into the app, it freezes when I click sign in and then nothing happens, very frustrating 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I understand your frustration with the recent eBay app update causing issues with saved searches and newly-listed items due to a date format error. I recommend reporting this problem to eBay's customer support for resolution. In the meantime, accessing saved searches through a browser or using the previous app version could serve as a temporary solution.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The most recent eBay update seams to have solved the problem. EBay app version 1.637.1.2

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It's frustrating to experience app functionality issues, especially when you're dealing with something as important as eBay. The error message you're encountering suggests that there's a mismatch between the date format used by newly-listed items and the format expected by the upgraded app. This could be due to a coding error or a change in the data formatting process on eBay's side.

While you can temporarily work around the issue by dismissing the error message and refreshing the search results, it's understandable that this is inconvenient and inefficient. It's essential for eBay to address this bug promptly to ensure a smooth user experience for its customers.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

That did it! I don't know how the setting for "Newly Downloaded Apps: App Library Only" got checked, but when I changed it to "Add to Home Screen", now new apps are appearing.

Regards: Best Academic Help UK

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@eclectic-cat @alenawhittle1 @ww4683 @wireman2021 @jorge303sc 

I have started to shake the phone and you can send the issues to eBay that way too. It seems to be working.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The latest update for the eBay iPad app has fixed the date mismatch issue. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply