Joint-use (Civil-Military) airfields need fixes ...

Backy 51

Sphinx Intl (HESX) and Cairo West (HECW) are a joint-use airfield complex.  There's no reason we can't have active runways at both locations.  A similar situation exists at Capital Intl (HECP) and Wadi al Jandali (HE13) which is also a joint-use airfield complex.  Control Tower placement for HESX airfield complex in DMS is: 

HESX - N30-06-36 E030-54-21  ELEV 524'

SPX navaid is incorrectly configured in Beacons.lua and is a notional navaid IRL.

WAJ TACAN 96X (notional) conflicts with BRA VORTAC 114.9/CH 96.

Kedem airbase in game should be renamed to Hatzerim Northwest Airbase (LL1A).

See attached screenshots for details.

As I discover more Aeronautical Data anomalies I will update and post ... 

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

• Like 1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/17/2023 at 9:57 PM, Backy 51 said:

Kedem airbase in game should be renamed to Hatzerim Northwest Airbase (LL1A).

Disagree. Israeli Air Force airfield charts as well as the Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) Israel have this airfield as "Kedem".

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

30 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

Disagree. Israeli Air Force airfield charts as well as the Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) Israel have this airfield as "Kedem".

Got an ICAO code?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, Backy 51 said:

Got an ICAO code?

Israeli Air Force charts indicate it shares LLHB with Hatzerim, being technically part of Hatzerim Airbase.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Join the TTI Discord

I'm looking at May 2023 AIP but see no mention of it as Kedem.  Is Kedem the town? As several Sinai maps are abandoned, finding historical data is a challenge.  

image.png

Edited by Backy 51

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, Backy 51 said:

I'm looking at May 2023 AIP but see no mnullention of it.  As several Sinai maps are abandoned, finding historical data is a challenge.  

image.png

See this Israeli Air Force visual circuit chart for Kedem, dated 2017:

Kedem.png

Note it is clearly designated "Kedem", with ICAO LLHB.

See also the "CTR Kedem" on these enroute charts from the Israeli AIP:

image.png

image.png

Join the TTI Discord

10 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

See this Israeli Air Force visual circuit chart for Kedem, dated 2017:

Kedem.png

Note it is clearly designated "Kedem", with ICAO LLHB.

See also the "CTR Kedem" on these enroute charts from the Israeli AIP:

image.png

image.png

56 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

Got an ICAO code?

Do you have the plate for the "southern" LLHB runways by chance?  I'm not as familiar with Israeli ATC practices having flown in to Tel Aviv a couple of times in the Herc.  Hazerim does not appear to be a joint-use complex based on GE imagery. "Kedem" is a very built up hard-surfaced runway now. Wonder how or why a 2023 Nav Database provider has it coded as LL1A?  For now, given your approach plate, I'd say all 3 runways should be considered part of LLHB complex. I can't see a clearly marked taxiway connecting the two, but there are several roads to and from.  

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 minutes ago, Backy 51 said:

Do you have the plate for the "southern" LLHB runways by chance?  I'm not as familiar with Israeli ATC practices having flown in to Tel Aviv a couple of times in the Herc.  Hazerim does not appear to be a joint-use complex based on GE imagery. "Kedem" is a very built up hard-surfaced runway now. Wonder how or why a 2023 Nav Database provider has it coded as LL1A?  For now, given your approach plate, I'd say all 3 runways should be considered part of LLHB complex. I can't see a clearly marked taxiway connecting the two, but there are several roads to and from.

I have some approach charts, including the visual circuit chart for Hatzerim "proper", yeah, see below. Hatzerim is not a joint-use complex (if you mean mil/civ by that). Hatzerim and Kedem are both military, as I understand it's one installation with two airfields. Kedem in the north being used for the IAF flight training, Hatzerim main field being a "proper" military airfield. There is no taxiways between the two, aeronautically they are two distinct airfields (albeit apparently share the same ICAO according to the data I have), they even have separate towers.

Hatzerim VAC.png

• Thanks 2

Join the TTI Discord