Welcome to Tyabb Airport - Melbourne's Hidden Gem

Hey everyone,

I'm very happy to introduce the next Australian airport for Prepar3D -  YTYA Tyabb Airport!

12-e2a61d1fb8c5eed00c2ef0df5fa35bae.jpg

Tyabb has been my real-life home aero club for the last two and a half years, and I'm thrilled to be able to bring this fantastic aerodrome to Prepar3D. Only a 10 minute flight from Moorabbin, and a 15 minute flight to the Melbourne CBD, Tyabb is the perfect place to start or end a scenic flight around Melbourne, or practice your landings on the narrow 8 meter wide main runway. 

A small army of warbirds proudly owned by the Old Aeroplane Company call the airfield home, including one of two airworthy P-40F Warhawks. Every two years, Tyabb hosts one of Australia's most popular country airshows, attracting over 10,000 visitors and dozens of unique and rare aircraft from all eras. The airshow is a charity event, with money raised going directly to a nominated charity, as well as local organisations such as the CFA and sports clubs. 

Features:

• Highly detailed rendition of YTYA Tyabb Airport made from hundreds of onsite photos and days of on-site development
  • 85 square kilometres of 60cm per pixel photoreal imagery
  • Aerodrome area in exquisite 10cm per pixel photoreal
  • Custom POIs including those used in the circuit - Bunnings, Bluescope Steel and Flinders College
  • Full suite of ObjectFlow, PeopleFlow2, NatureFlow and more
  • Heavy optimisation techniques to ensure best performance with high resolution textures
  • Only minutes away from other Victorian Orbx airports such as YMMB Moorabbin and YMEN Essendon
  • Blends seamlessly with our Australia region

YTYA Tyabb Airport will be available to purchase from OrbxDirect soon for AUD $24.95 (approx. USD $17.90 / €15.75 / £13.90) but will be released straight into the End of Year Sale at 15% off!

For the best experience, we recommend purchasing and installing our Australia region prior to using YTYA.

Please note that this product was developed for Prepar3D only - FSX is unfortunately not supported at this time

Coverage Area:

12-c79de9b72d1f7a3e2de5e9d298029949.jpg

And now the rest of the previews - enjoy! :)

12-e0f153c872f1daea4dbbab5751ece84b.jpg

12-57f84a14d4d7ed89b0a22f3a24b83d1e.jpg

12-744f2b27375ff99724e9f52c66a29a1e.jpg
12-99ab04dcf407633c9e3c884f299ee70e.jpg
12-20a67289a22e5def04820807fcccc77e.jpg
12-343acee0636f3ec01e78eb1af2e11418.jpg
12-cbe674d4e77dba4056417c71adb4b721.jpg
12-5f18ebaed2b03288b78c760a6ccf4219.jpg
12-9b6320afc359a65c79a69b6ed5998a9b.jpg
12-0f6a7c47940ba18ec9e21a2f77c5e326.jpg
12-707043af41b6b34ff44872ae5cc9b5c6.jpg
12-8cb0354a89b5ae9a354bf9933f28f561.jpg

Cheers,

Jordan

I cannot belive it - my home airport as well!  There is a great freeware version on the Org for XP but I would love it if your version came to XP - what are the chances?  BTW,  unless already included, the ponds at the northern end of the Downwind leg, and the electricity sub-station mid-downwind, would be great additions for circuit flying.  Remember, LH circuits for Rwy 17, but RH circuits for Rwy 17.  Cheers.

And here is the real YTYA Tyabb from a post I made on the XP Org last year.  Cheers.

My mate Craig finally agreed to go for a flight with me in a hired Cessna 172.  He normally is very macho, always laughing, joking and generally mucking around, never keeping still.  I did not find out until after the flight just how scared he was ..... apparently he told his partner on the way to the airport that she would have to go up with me because he just could not do it!  Anyway, he forced himself to do it.

Pic 1 - me explaining things to Craig before the flight ..... I have never seem him so still and so serious.

Pic 2 - in flight

Pic 3 - a much relieved and happy Craig after the flight.

He absolutely loved it and bores everyone talking about it all the time!

Cheers

one.JPG

two.JPG

three.JPG

•  

Fantastic news Jordan, yeah did the airshow a few years ago now and I can remember a lot of the airport from looking at the images.

A wonderful starting point for exploring the coastal region of Victoria especially The Prom!

Is this the writing is on the wall for FSX?

A very generous offer too with this fine scenery straight into the sale, thanks for that.

I think you have only done Tyabb to drag me away from XP-11!:lol:

Nice package Jordan!

It is a hard to avoid Christmas present with that discount.

Very good detail. 'Lower prices are just the beginning' around the corner.

I also note, from the close up shots, the Landing Charges are quite reasonable as well. Have to visit. 

I went people spotting but could only find two. :) (Must have been a weekday)

Aussie

18 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

And here is the real YTYA Tyabb from a post I made on the XP Org last year.  Cheers.

My mate Craig finally agreed to go for a flight with me in a hired Cessna 172.  He normally is very macho, always laughing, joking and generally mucking around, never keeping still.  I did not find out until after the flight just how scared he was ..... apparently he told his partner on the way to the airport that she would have to go up with me because he just could not do it!  Anyway, he forced himself to do it.

Pic 1 - me explaining things to Craig before the flight ..... I have never seem him so still and so serious.

Pic 2 - in flight

Pic 3 - a much relieved and happy Craig after the flight.

He absolutely loved it and bores everyone talking about it all the time!

Cheers

Very nice mate, a good half of my logbook is SYE, I absolutely love that plane. Will say hi if I see you around the club!

44 minutes ago, boetie said:

Jordan... You even got the sausage sizzle outside Bunnings! Well done mate.

Cheers Graeme :)

Watch you don't slip on the onions Graeme:). ..(Aussie joke over a recent customer who sued Bunnings because he slipped on the onions from a sausage sandwich)

Aaahhh, but will it be compatible with the           new                 Orbx AU ?  LOL  ;):lol::rolleyes:

Yoke   -------    of course it will be :)

#Craig - you had better add it on to the return leg of your Monster tour of the east coast of AU   :lol:

Wow! This is awesome news. This is my home airport! Now I can fly my home airport every day of the week. You've done an awesome job and am particularly impressed by the fact that you've also modelled  an extensive amount of the surrounding area. Well done - very much looking forward to it.

While it is not my home airport or even continent, however, I am glad to see Orbx hasn't given up on P3D products.  I love large area sceneries so will have to keep an eye out for this one.  To me it seems like every new product coming out is for 1) XP11, 2) AS2, 3) that other sim again.... oh yeah P3D.

1 hour ago, StarBlue said:

While it is not my home airport or even continent, however, I am glad to see Orbx hasn't given up on P3D products.  I love large area sceneries so will have to keep an eye out for this one.  To me it seems like every new product coming out is for 1) XP11, 2) AS2, 3) that other sim again.... oh yeah P3D.

I think this is a TEMPORARY situation.  JV has said several times that they are committed to all Sim platforms and they are currently gearing up and recruiting to do just that.  Cheers.

3 hours ago, skydivemayday said:

How's this looking?  I'll totally be buying this one the moment it's out.

During testing it was revealed that Jordan had used ISO1760A standard reinforcing mesh in the concrete of the apron areas instead of the ISO1760B thicker reinforcing that is mandated for airports south of latitude 36 degrees.  So Jordan has had to dig up all the old concrete and lay fresh concrete, and of course it takes a while to attain full strength.  As soon as it has cured sufficiently and the airport is safe to taxi your aircraft in, I believe it will be ready for release.  :D:P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived