AU Australia v2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

@Richard Lincoln is it normal for Central to always download some files after clicking verify and scanning is complete?

+1 I have the same question as some times you think you have all in place and if by chance you did a verification the Central seems to download something else...

A Solution?

I was suffering the same problems on my first flight, but then found that FTX Central had not uninstall Australia V1 as rightly or wrongly I'd rather assumed that it would. After uninstalling V1 the problem has been resolved on my system anyway.

Same thing here. Not a location problem. . its an Australia Version 2 problem. These appear anywhere I fly to varying degrees. Water - land makes no difference. Nice product though. Hopefully this can be resolved. 

Image1.jpg

4 hours ago, jring2 said:

Same thing here. Not a location problem. . its an Australia Version 2 problem. These appear anywhere I fly to varying degrees. Water - land makes no difference. Nice product though. Hopefully this can be resolved. 

Image1.jpg

Did you previously have V1 installed along with Holgermesh for Australia?

If so did you uninstal them as instructed?

If not please do so.

If so please go to your ORBX folder within P3Dv4 and make sure there are no files left over as per this post...

For me FTX central did not properly uninstall Holgermesh so had to remove this myself

If you haven't done as above please advise if issue persist once completed.

Thought I'd add my experience to the mix. The following pictures show what I am getting as viewed directly above YMAV. The same happens if I have Orbx YMAV active.

2019-6-16_17-30-54-789.thumb.jpg.4b2ffaa7cfdb611f6a91ff8f2cff44c0.jpg

2019-6-16_17-31-10-842.thumb.jpg.c69bf15aae99e3df5a571f4409e81d03.jpg

If I turn off folder FTXAU48_CUSTOM the issue is immediately corrected.

2019-6-16_17-34-39-904.thumb.jpg.9a1b9576aedf61e181f23cb30c9489aa.jpg

However, I don't know what is then missing. Also, based on the contents of folders FTXAU18_CUSTOM, FTXAU28_CUSTOM, FTXAU38_CUSTOM and FTXAU48_CUSTOM, I suspect each folder will have an impact on different parts of AUv2.

I had just acquired a new PC, so AUv1, Holgermesh or any of the Orbx airports had not been installed prior to installation of AUv2. Terrain.cfg refresh has been done, etc to no avail.

Look forward to a solution.

Thanks,

Darryl

Hello,

Australia v2 does not include FTXAU18_CUSTOM, FTXAU28_CUSTOM, FTXAU38_CUSTOM and FTXAU48_CUSTOM

which are most likely the Tasmania demo folders.

In any event, you need to remove them, both from your PC and from your scenery library.

To try to make life easier, all the Australia V2 folders are named FTXAUv2

Thanks Nick.

I wondered the same thing. So I uninstalled AUv2, all Aust Orbx airports and made sure only the Orbx Libaries were in the FTX_AU directory. I then reinstalled AUv2 (re-download) and those four folders returned. When you look at the contents of those folders they contain files for all parts of Australia. I've also never installed the Tasmania demo. Here's the AU48 folder for example. So I guess the question is how these folders managed to be installed? I'm sure it'll be sorted.

Regards,

Darryl

2019-06-16.thumb.png.44898052cffdaf1fe7107b26f3a5d376.png

I just downloaded and installed AUv2 this evening.

My FTX_AU folder contains 100 folders and 33,049 files. There is no evidence of a FTXAU_Custom folder.

I trust you removed v1 beforehand. I have looked at P3Dv3 and there is a FTXAU48_Custom folder in there and it contains many, if not all, of the files shown in your image. 

I just tried to evaluate the situation YMAV in post #49. No black textures, even the landclass looks different. Maybe there are some leftovers from V1 with you? I only didn't delete the files from V1 but I deinstalled V1 in FTXC.

mfg Kai

Unbenannt-1.jpg

1 hour ago, UA991 said:

Thanks Nick.

I wondered the same thing. So I uninstalled AUv2, all Aust Orbx airports and made sure only the Orbx Libaries were in the FTX_AU directory. I then reinstalled AUv2 (re-download) and those four folders returned.

Darryl

Hello Darryl,

I have installed Australia v2 in both FSX and P3D and like the other contributors,

have never seen the addition os any folders that are not named v2.

I don't think that there is a problem with the installer.

In any event, just delete the FTXAU18_CUSTOM, FTXAU28_CUSTOM, FTXAU38_CUSTOM

and FTXAU48_CUSTOM folders, remove their scenery library entries and

it should work correctly for you too.

OK Nick. I'll just delete those folders. But per my first post, AUv1 has never been installed on this computer. I do though have a backup of my old computer and used some of that to reduce download size when I was installing multiple Orbx airports. (I gave FTX Central the airport backup location during install. Pretty silly in light of unlimited downloads and high speed internet  but I digress! ) I suspect FTX Central now thinks it has to restore those folders and does so at the same time AUv2 is installed. Is there another file somewhere that makes FTX Central think it needs to do this? Just a thought that may help track what the issue might be. I'd have a hunt myself but don't have access to my PC for a few days. Something called work......! 

Thanks,  Darryl. 

Hi All,

I've got the same 'black scenery' issue, also near YSRI.

I have done a totally fresh install, in this order: P3D4.5.12 Acedemic, FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX Trees, FTX Australia V2.

My settings in FTX Vector are all options for roads/rail checked, 'I have FTX Australia' also checked (confirmed, Sydney Harbour Bridge looks correct)

The black textures flicker quite badly - the common factor is these areas have small dams and might be classed as swamps? There are actually some real areas classed as marshland around Bilpin (the area where the black textures occur around YSRI) so maybe that is the key?

2019-6-17_21-47-43-968.jpg

On 6/17/2019 at 1:45 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Rydvan,

I believe I've discovered the cause of the issue and am working on a fix. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, 

Thanks for the update, glad you’ve found the problem. I look forward to the fix. 

Best regards, 

Ridvan Celik 

I flew YPAD-YPPH-YBRM-YBAS-YPDN, black squares about 20% of scenery and orange squares at night, will post images when I can. I downloaded and installed AU v2 manually because FTX central was only giving me 124 kb/s D/L. After manual install verified files no issues, disabled freezing water in LC. Can't believe the amount of black squares in AU2, haven't been able to appreciate the added features because of this

Steve

15 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

yes I remember work.:)

You should delete any of

scenerylib_AU_BLUE.cfg

scenerylib_AU_RED.cfg

scenerylib_AU_GREEN.cfg

scenerylib_AU_GOLD.cfg

that you might find in the ORBX\scripts folder.

Hi Nick, being one of those who had the issue where v2 installed without v1 uninstalling first also checked the User Documents folder and had to remove v1 Australia.pdf  and also checked the Versions folder to remove any remnants of v1 there also. Just checked Scripts folder as you have indicated for any v1 then saw I still had scenerylib_ AU_HOLGERMESH.cfg still there. So assume that with AU Holgermesh uninstalled this would also need to be deleted from the folder ?

Not sure where we report discrepancies or anomalies identified or found re ground textures so please move if this is not the correct post for it but identified a couple along the beaches around Newcastle, North of YPEC. The road depict fairly accurately here as does the shoreline shape but on what are natural rock formations at sea level the platforms show houses on them. These platforms have ocean baths in them which date back almost 100 yrs. 

here are some comparison shots using Google Earth and Aus v2 captures of the rock platforms 

Merewether Baths were built into the rock formation

785903895_MerewetherBaths-GoogeMap.thumb.JPG.11d308713653c5580841a3772e1411ae.JPG

Aus v2

1126642225_MerewetherBaths-P3Dv4.thumb.JPG.383c79ac5d31e060efa6377f361b223a.JPG

Bar Beach / Cooks Hill where the 'Strzelecki Lookout' is located also Newcastle's Memorial Walkway which was built along the ridge down to Bar Beach in recent years and notice that the walkway (highlighted in pic) has been modeled into the scenery. The rock formation below again shows houses there which does not reflect the area. Other rock platforms along the  coast look fine with no housing showing on them

789058564_newcastlememorialwalkway-CooksHill-GoogleMap.thumb.JPG.8eb0427adf497e5505615a8166770c37.JPG

Aus v2

1068371316_newcastlememorialwalkway-CooksHill-P3Dv4.thumb.JPG.3dd4fe53c4ed8d841d3a224d35f81b48.JPG

Newcastle Ocean Baths near Nobbys 

637878325_NewcastleBaths-GoogleMaps.thumb.JPG.4e5509a05f05da75fb05c2fcae8c57fd.JPG

Aus v2 

536733629_NewcastleBaths-P3Dv4.thumb.JPG.1b39ba7dbab257ae103423142dec9411.JPG

It looks like several layers are trying to load at once. I have Fly Tampa Sydney but can't fined the LC mentioned to disable, nothing in the Fly Tampa settings. Can someone point me to the correct folder.

YPDN-YBAS-YAYE Inland seas in the Desert

2019-6-18_16-6-48-985.jpg

2019-6-18_16-7-4-482.jpg

2019-6-18_16-22-24-939.jpg

2019-6-18_16-53-16-113.jpg

2019-6-18_17-5-22-827.jpg

2019-6-18_17-13-5-369.jpg

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Your symptoms are similar to either having a problem with the terrain.cfg

file or having both V1 and V2 installed at the same time.

Nick,

That thought crossed my mind but I'm not sure how to remove either one, I am confused by all the suggestions in this thread. I would have thought using FTX Central to remove AUv1 before installing AUv2 would have been sufficient, but not so. I don't want to start deleting files or cfg's for fear of deleting the wrong ones.

Steve

Thanks Nick,

Tried all fixes in those posts, still getting black squares  but not as many, here's an aerial around YAYE, Connellan Airport. I think I'll revert back to AU1 and follow this thread for a definitive fix for AUv2 -    AUv1 was working beautifully.

Steve

2019-6-19_9-45-9-210.jpg

16 hours ago, Striker said:

It looks like several layers are trying to load at once. I have Fly Tampa Sydney but can't fined the LC mentioned to disable, nothing in the Fly Tampa settings. Can someone point me to the correct folder.

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\FlyTampa\Sydney_LC folder - file yssy_lc.bgl

Nick,

Deleted the terrain.cfg(copied) then

I followed your post and  as per

Close P3D v4, delete that file and then start P3D v4, which will create a new terrain.cfg file.

Close P3D v4 and open FTX Central.

Wait for FTX Central to display this message at the lower left.

"Activating Orbx scenery...".

I didn't do any of Holger's fixes for fear of wrecking all my other addon scenery and it was dated 2014 for P3Dv 2.5 and v3.

Using FTX Central 3, all I did was delete AU1 as per guide then install AU v2 ...How did it get to this? from being  perfectly harmonized to aesthetically awful.

Here are more images after this was done

2019-6-19_12-6-22-456.jpg

2019-6-19_12-36-38-920.jpg

2019-6-19_12-36-48-193.jpg

6 hours ago, rf253 said:

Striker - did you also remove AU Holgermesh as that is only applicable to AUS v1 not needed with v2 at all.

.....missed that one I'll remove and advise, Nick I'm at the office at the moment I'll upload the file first chance, appreciate the help from everyone - Thanks

Steve

On 6/16/2019 at 10:25 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Australia v2 does not include FTXAU18_CUSTOM, FTXAU28_CUSTOM, FTXAU38_CUSTOM and FTXAU48_CUSTOM

In any event, you need to remove them, both from your PC and from your scenery library.

To try to make life easier, all the Australia V2 folders are named FTXAUv2

Extract from your scenery.cfg file.

1.jpg

Please remove your scenery.cfg file and try the one I have attached instead.

I have also disabled the traffic global entry at the bottom of the library.

Please don't re-enable it until you have Australia v2 working.

scenery.cfg

On 6/17/2019 at 6:28 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

yes I remember work.:)

You should delete any of

scenerylib_AU_BLUE.cfg

scenerylib_AU_RED.cfg

scenerylib_AU_GREEN.cfg

scenerylib_AU_GOLD.cfg

that you might find in the ORBX\scripts folder.

Nick,

I deleted those files and it has helped keep the AUv1 folders away. Most of the time.... Some did make a reappearance upon installing all my Australian Orbx airports. Anyway, I'm just deleting any AUv1 folders that make a re-appearance. Thanks for the help. No more black squares here.

Darryl

Archived