• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Giving the Navajo cowboy clothing alongside Native American portraits would require us to create a brand-new graphical culture, but this sounds like a neat idea. I always felt like native cultures could use more graphical diversity anyway.
If and when I find the time, I could try to see if I can get it to work myself. If I succeed, I'll happily share. Assuming you're interested, of course. My own modding skills are negligible, though, so I can't guarantee quality.

I'm not sure if we're going to relocalize the Quorum of the Twelve to the "First Presidency", if only because I'm not sure if it'd still be called the "First" Presidency after the Event.
In real life, the President of the Church and the President of the Quorum of the Twelve are two separate people. The term "First Presidency" has been applied to the President of the Church and his counselors (of which there are usually two) since sometime in the 1830s. The mod's current localization gives the not-so-subtle implication that the President of the Quorum of the Twelve is officially leading the church (through the title's name as shown in the tooltip) while simultaneously contradicting that by also noting (in the adapted college of cardinals screen) that the President of the Quorum of the Twelve is the current prophet's expected successor. As I said in my first post, it's not a huge deal either way, but the contradiction is a little bit immersion-breaking for me.

After the End Fan Fork Dev Diary 30 - Reformable Native Faiths, Greater Deseret, and the Kingdom of Manitoba

Good tidings, all!
Sorry for the delay between dev diaries, but a few of these features took a little longer than expected to implement. Let's just get into it!

Reformable Native Faiths

The entire Native American religious group has sort of lacked flavor for a while now. Although the splitting of Ghost Dance into Peyotist and Midewiwin helped with this somewhat, we still felt as if these faiths were lacking features on an individual level. We decided that the best way to remedy this was to allow Midewiwin and Raven Tales (the religion of the Haida) to reform. (Peyotist is not reformable, as this religion emerged as a syncretic form of Christianity).

New color for Midewiwin. (The color changes to the one shown in the previous Dev Diary once reformed.

New color for Raven Tales. (Raven Tales will return to its old color once reformed.)

Midewiwin gets a unique religious doctrine, like every other reformable faith. Their doctrine, Niizh Manidoowag, combines Equality with Animism.

Screenshot of the Midewiwin reformation screen.

Raven Tales is unique among reformable faiths in that they receive two potential religious doctrines. One, Unending Invasion, combines the Warmongering Nature with the Unrelenting Doctrine, and is designed to make sure that the Raven Tales faith expands until there is no land left to conquer.

The Raven Tales doctrine screen, featuring Unending Invasion.

The other doctrine, Defensive Settlement, forgoes an aggressive stance and instead focuses on establishing a permanent stable foothold in the Pacific Northwest.

The Raven Tales doctrine screen, featuring Defensive Settlement.

AI Raven Tales rulers will always select the Defensive Settlement doctrine over the Unending Invasion doctrine, which should help make sure that the Haida conquest of the West Coast slows down on its own after a while.

This feature should add a lot of flavor to these religions and help give players a concrete goal when playing in those regions. Now, onto the next new feature!

Greater Deseret
Before I get into the Greater Deseret feature itself, I feel like it would be prudent to discuss some of the other changes we've made to Mormonism, specifically in regards to Expeditions. Mormon Expeditions should (hopefully) fire a little later into most playthoughs. More specifically, the fall of Flagstaff and Natrona no longer trigger the start of the Expedition era. Now that we have that out of the way, let's talk about the new formable Mormon empire in the West.

The new formable Mormon empire, the Empire of Zion, is partially based on the Empire of Outremer from vanilla CK2. The empire can be formed by any Mormon ruler who fully controls the geographic region of Greater Deseret and who has not formed the Empire of New California.

The geographic region of Greater Deseret is highlighted.

I understand that the border may be a little difficult to discern, so I'll break it down on a kingdom and duchy basis. (Note that, in the code, the region is defined exclusively by duchies, and is therefore not subject to de jure drift.)

Constituent kingdoms:
  • Kingdom of Deseret
  • Kingdom of Arixo
  • Kingdom of Socal
Constituent Duchies:
  • Death Valley
  • Nevada
  • Northern Basin
  • East Snake
  • Sweetwater
  • Western Slope
Once all of these areas have been united under a single Mormon banner, the Empire of Zion can be formed.

The decision to form the Empire of Zion.

The event for forming Zion.

The de jure borders of Zion. (Note that Baja is moved to Aztlan after this decision is taken.)

Forming the Empire of Zion gives you a unique bloodline and also gives the Mormon faith a permanent +50% Moral Authority boost.

Mormon Expeditions now have a solid reason for using the old Great Holy War mechanics - taking entire de jure kingdoms personally will actually help players along for this long-term goal. Hopefully, these changes make Mormon playthroughs far less aggravating.

Kingdom of Manitoba and other map changes
BoneLorde has made a lot of changes to the map recently, so I'll just focus on the most substantial changes that have been made. The most notable one is the addition of more duchies in Northern Canada, which allowed us to split Manitoba off from Prairieland into its own kingdom.

The new de jure kingdom setup for the Empire of Thunderland.

The new de jure duchy setup for the area.

As you can see, the province density of northern Canada has been greatly increased, which should make the region more dynamic overall. Also, the shapes of Idaho and Lincoln (the green one in the Northwest) have been altered to better conform with the current and proposed state boundaries respectively.

The Appalachians have also been adjusted, but this was less about adding more counties and more about adding more passes through the mountains. Hopefully, this should make forming Grand Virginia less tedious.

The new de jure duchy setup of Appalachia. Notice the added mountain pass near West Virginia.

Incidentally, the changes to Appalachia also allowed us to add a single Cherokee county in western North Carolina, along with a Charismatic Cherokee ruler. Cherokee cultural names have also been added to certain areas in the Southeastern United States.

Chief Elias Diwali of Nantahala.

Most of the other changes involve splitting larger counties off into one or two smaller counties, and it would be kind of tedious to cover every single one of them. I'll only highlight one of them as an example: the splitting of Mobile into two counties.

Cool, right?

Minor Changes
A lot of other more minor changes have been made this time around. Let me know what you think.
  • Libertarian holy sites updated: The county of Palisades in New Jersey is a holy site, replacing Mount Rushmore.
  • Barony and duchy names across the US changed to better reflect prominent localities in certain areas.
  • Pacific trade route now extends north to Seattle and Vancouver.
  • Cultural retinues adjusted to better reflect local geography - for example, the Gulfards no longer get a light cavalry retinue, as the area is largely comprised of marshland.
  • New CoAs added for titles across the map, courtesy of frederico83.
I hope you're all looking forward to v0.5!

Last edited:
After the End Fan Fork Dev Diary 30 - Reformable Native Faiths, Greater Deseret, and the Kingdom of Manitoba

Good tidings, all!
Sorry for the delay between dev diaries, but a few of these features took a little longer than expected to implement. Let's just get into it!

Reformable Native Faiths

The entire Native American religious group has sort of lacked flavor for a while now. Although the splitting of Ghost Dance into Peyotist and Midewiwin helped with this somewhat, we still felt as if these faiths were lacking features on an individual level. We decided that the best way to remedy this was to allow Midewiwin and Raven Tales (the religion of the Haida) to reform. (Peyotist is not reformable, as this religion emerged as a syncretic form of Christianity).

New color for Midewiwin. (The color changes to the one shown in the previous Dev Diary once reformed.

New color for Raven Tales. (Raven Tales will return to its old color once reformed.)

Midewiwin gets a unique religious doctrine, like every other reformable faith. Their doctrine, Niizh Manidoowag, combines Equality with Animism.

Screenshot of the Midewiwin reformation screen.

Raven Tales is unique among reformable faiths in that they receive two potential religious doctrines. One, Unending Invasion, combines the Warmongering Nature with the Unrelenting Doctrine, and is designed to make sure that the Raven Tales faith expands until there is no land left to conquer.

The Raven Tales doctrine screen, featuring Unending Invasion.

The other doctrine, Defensive Settlement, forgoes an aggressive stance and instead focuses on establishing a permanent stable foothold in the Pacific Northwest.

The Raven Tales doctrine screen, featuring Defensive Settlement.

AI Raven Tales rulers will always select the Defensive Settlement doctrine over the Unending Invasion doctrine, which should help make sure that the Haida conquest of the West Coast slows down on its own after a while.

This feature should add a lot of flavor to these religions and help give players a concrete goal when playing in those regions. Now, onto the next new feature!

Greater Deseret
Before I get into the Greater Deseret feature itself, I feel like it would be prudent to discuss some of the other changes we've made to Mormonism, specifically in regards to Expeditions. Mormon Expeditions should (hopefully) fire a little later into most playthoughs. More specifically, the fall of Flagstaff and Natrona no longer trigger the start of the Expedition era. Now that we have that out of the way, let's talk about the new formable Mormon empire in the West.

The new formable Mormon empire, the Empire of Zion, is partially based on the Empire of Outremer from vanilla CK2. The empire can be formed by any Mormon ruler who fully controls the geographic region of Greater Deseret and who has not formed the Empire of New California.

The geographic region of Greater Deseret is highlighted.

I understand that the border may be a little difficult to discern, so I'll break it down on a kingdom and duchy basis. (Note that, in the code, the region is defined exclusively by duchies, and is therefore not subject to de jure drift.)

Constituent kingdoms:
  • Kingdom of Deseret
  • Kingdom of Arixo
  • Kingdom of Socal
Constituent Duchies:
  • Death Valley
  • Nevada
  • Northern Basin
  • East Snake
  • Sweetwater
  • Western Slope
Once all of these areas have been united under a single Mormon banner, the Empire of Zion can be formed.

The decision to form the Empire of Zion.

The event for forming Zion.

The de jure borders of Zion. (Note that Baja is moved to Aztlan after this decision is taken.)

Forming the Empire of Zion gives you a unique bloodline and also gives the Mormon faith a permanent +50% Moral Authority boost.

Mormon Expeditions now have a solid reason for using the old Great Holy War mechanics - taking entire de jure kingdoms personally will actually help players along for this long-term goal. Hopefully, these changes make Mormon playthroughs far less aggravating.

Kingdom of Manitoba and other map changes
BoneLorde has made a lot of changes to the map recently, so I'll just focus on the most substantial changes that have been made. The most notable one is the addition of more duchies in Northern Canada, which allowed us to split Manitoba off from Prairieland into its own kingdom.

The new de jure kingdom setup for the Empire of Thunderland.

The new de jure duchy setup for the area.

As you can see, the province density of northern Canada has been greatly increased, which should make the region more dynamic overall. Also, the shape of Idaho and Lincoln (the green one in the Northwest) has been altered to better conform with the current and proposed state boundaries respectively.

The Appalachians have also been adjusted, but this was less about adding more counties and more about adding more passes through the mountains. Hopefully, this should make forming Grand Virginia less tedious.

The new de jure duchy setup of Appalachia. Notice the added mountain pass near West Virginia.

Incidentally, the changes to Appalachia also allowed us to add a single Cherokee county in western North Carolina, along with a Charismatic Cherokee ruler. Cherokee cultural names have also been added to certain areas in the Southeastern United States.

Chief Elias Diwali of Nantahala.

Most of the other changes involve splitting larger counties off into one or two smaller counties, and it would be kind of tedious to cover every single one of them. I'll only highlight one of them as an example: the splitting of Mobile into two counties.

Cool, right?

Minor Changes
A lot of other more minor changes have been made this time around. Let me know what you think.
  • Libertarian holy sites updated: The county of Palisades in New Jersey is a holy site, replacing Mount Rushmore.
  • Barony and duchy names across the US changed to better reflect prominent localities in certain areas.
  • Pacific trade route now extends north to Seattle and Vancouver.
  • Cultural retinues adjusted to better reflect local geography - for example, the Gulfards no longer get a light cavalry retinue, as the area is largely comprised of marshland.
  • New CoAs added for titles across the map, courtesy of frederico83.
I hope you're all looking forward to v0.5!
I ‘d suggest the name of Raven Tales' two doctorine Raven's Wing and Raven's Nest.

[Looks at revamped Shenandoah]
Country Rooooooaaaaads!

I ‘d suggest the name of Raven Tales' two doctorine Raven's Wing and Raven's Nest.
This is a really good idea. I was struggling to come up with decent names for the doctrines, so I just went with descriptive ones, but these are far better.

As somebody who has recently visited the northwestern part of New York, Specifically the Niagara Falls area, I'll note that there is a fairly large Indian presence there, Which perhaps should be represented with a Niagaran culture with more Indian names and faces, At the least. Although I'm not sure how recent the Indian presence arrived there, So it might be anachronistic, In which case completely ignore what I'm saying.
Seeing as nobody responded, I take it this isn't anachronistic?

I've noticed with After the End that chancellors only create claims on counties at a rate of 3.3% or so per year, instead of scaling with adviser diplo skill. Has anyone else had this problem? I've disabled all other mods and the problem remained, and when I turn After the End off create claim works like it normally does.

I've noticed with After the End that chancellors only create claims on counties at a rate of 3.3% or so per year, instead of scaling with adviser diplo skill. Has anyone else had this problem? I've disabled all other mods and the problem remained, and when I turn After the End off create claim works like it normally does.
It's a known bug that will be fixed in the next version.

I've noticed that there are some children characters in the mod that use byzantine portraits but when I age them up with the console they use generic white portraits as adults, the game says that they have mediterranean ethnicity. I imagine that mediterranean ethnicity is given to random characters of some cultures in the same way that persian ethnicity is given for example. Is it possible to make it so that mediterranean ethnicity uses byzantine portraits for both adults and children?

So 9kbits, think you missed something. Forgot to change it to mention that 3.2 is the current version.

Other than that, looks interesting.

Actually the version that is coming out on the 24th of August, is meant to be for the 3.2 version of Crusader Kings 2, the 0.4 version of this mod, only works properly with the 3.1 version of Crusader Kings 2.

Actually the version that is coming out on the 24th of August, is meant to be for the 3.2 version of Crusader Kings 2, the 0.4 version of this mod, only works properly with the 3.1 version of Crusader Kings 2.

I think he was meaning that "3.1" wasn't the current version of CK2 like the main post seems to state.

I feel that many of the Native American name lists should have a few English names sprinkled in.
Not sure what that's got to do with my comment. When I said Indian, I mean Indian, As in from India, Apologies if there was any confusion.

I don't know who to address this to but, I really think that mount rushmoore should be a wonder in the next patch you guys probably get a lot of requests like this and since I ain't got any of the know-how you fellas got I was just wondering if you guys would be privy to the idea. Keep up the good work! love this mod

20 days!

Edit: seems some folk didn't like my excitement at the approach of the new version, or disagreed that from the 4th to the 24th is only 20 days.

Last edited: