Valencia - LEVC airport Icarus and Latinwings

Hello fellow flight Simmers! 

We are very excited to announce our new work collaborated with Latinwings about Valencia LEVC airport in Spain!

Please take a look our progress on main building (Terminal) Ground and ANIMATED JETWAYS :)

Hope you like it.

Thanks from me and Icarus team

3 hours ago, Don X said:

why the choice of Valencia, when there is already a payware version available?

First of all, we have contract with LatinWings to convert all their sceneries to X-Plane. Second, I don't see why this is a problem. I think more options are better. 

7 hours ago, Airfighter said:

First of all, we have contract with LatinWings to convert all their sceneries to X-Plane. Second, I don't see why this is a problem. I think more options are better. 

fair enough, just there are still so many uncovered large airports in X-Plane... personally would have preferred a new one.

On 4/8/2017 at 0:34 AM, x plane 123 said:

Looks good! Any plans to collaborate with some FSX developers whose name doesn't start with Latin:D

Yeah...even I'm getting confused from time to time! It was not designed, happened, since the do have a relationship (the 2 Latins...!). At this point we are overwhelmed with those 2 and our own projects. But if someone is interested, we will not say no!

On 4/8/2017 at 4:06 AM, YYZatcboy said:

I hope this one will get... Wider distribution... than the last one.

These kind of things are team decisions, fully NDA-covered.   

On 4/8/2017 at 7:29 AM, Don X said:

fair enough, just there are still so many uncovered large airports in X-Plane... personally would have preferred a new one.

We try to cover where there is a gap. But this is not always possible to avoid to bump on another similar development. For example...on Feb 2015 we announced KORD, but later on December Nimbus announced theirs, and released it. Should we stop work on something, because someone have done it before of after? 

No. We have our plans, we are working to create the best possible. Crossing with others is unavoidable.

On 4/9/2017 at 8:32 PM, Airfighter said:

We try to cover where there is a gap. But this is not always possible to avoid to bump on another similar development. For example...on Feb 2015 we announced KORD, but later on December Nimbus announced theirs, and released it. Should we stop work on something, because someone have done it before of after? 

No. We have our plans, we are working to create the best possible. Crossing with others is unavoidable.

as I said, fair enough, you have business decisions to make, we users have our wishes :-)

and even if I already had a great freeware scenery for San Diego, I did purchase yours and I love it. I will skip Valencia though.  

11 hours ago, Don X said:

as I said, fair enough, you have business decisions to make, we users have our wishes :-)

and even if I already had a great freeware scenery for San Diego, I did purchase yours and I love it. I will skip Valencia though.  

No prob...and Thank You!

• 1 month later...
Update - LEVC Valencia Airport

Dear pilots,

Together with KEYW Key West airport,

Some of development steps on:

XPlane 11 compatibility withfull PBR Materials!

Also working on night textures and custom light system.

Enjoy Valencia bellow!5.thumb.jpg.d93f62942d3b0ab6cdaac8ac4ebb55db.jpg1.thumb.jpg.7286ac2ff1375147a0874f703f1dde8b.jpg2.thumb.jpg.dd9b6678e3009e367908b4d9912521f4.jpg3.thumb.jpg.86eca58fdba3416d5099a60ff4f74b51.jpg4.thumb.jpg.e87cc27f05b33433db12674429161113.jpg6.thumb.jpg.48918df6ecd81ca9d0d3693676baa148.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Flat runway is a killer for me. I own the prepar3d version and I love it, but I also have the dai media scenery LEVC for Xplane, and that one doesn’t have a flat runway, even IF the modelling isn’t as good as yours. UK2000 has done EGBB also with a flat runway... even though the real counterpart has a runway that looks like a rollercoaster. I really don’t understand why it’s so difficult when there are plenty of developers out there doing sloped runways... 

10 hours ago, jaguado said:

Flat runway is a killer for me. I own the prepar3d version and I love it, but I also have the dai media scenery LEVC for Xplane, and that one doesn’t have a flat runway, even IF the modelling isn’t as good as yours. UK2000 has done EGBB also with a flat runway... even though the real counterpart has a runway that looks like a rollercoaster. I really don’t understand why it’s so difficult when there are plenty of developers out there doing sloped runways... 

As everything in life, here also a compromise was required.

First of all, as you will see in the images below, X-Plane's "non-flat" runway is nowhere close to the real runway, which almost flat. So having the runway flat is not deduct from the experience, in the contrary, enhances it.

Second, since we are working with given artwork built for another simulator, obviously there are things that cannot be fitted perfect in X-Plane.

Third, we avoid as much as possible mesh editing, because this takes down the whole dsf tile, prohibiting any use of orthophoto package (ie Ortho4XP, or SpainUHD in that case).

Fourth, in relation with the first, height data is sometimes too problematic, to be possible to solve it otherwise. For example in our Manchester airport, the terminals protruding the apron, was translated as height points creating a situation that the height differences was so great, that was impossible to setup and object and look right.

levc_real.thumb.jpg.a7a62b99262d21c3c74c493733f88692.jpglevc_rwy2.thumb.jpg.f0edc2fdf1709d501a80e3c699fed0b5.jpg

Have a look at a real video too, to see yourself what is more realistic.

Well you can use a custom mesh with ortho4xp you just have to reference to the specific dsf file of the 3rd party scenery...

Besides this it is a great scenery and best you could achieve with a conversion. 

3 hours ago, marten@stairport said:

Well you can use a custom mesh with ortho4xp you just have to reference to the specific dsf file of the 3rd party scenery...

Besides this it is a great scenery and best you could achieve with a conversion. 

Thanks! Wait a minute...you can use Ortho4XP, to "build" orthophotos based on custom dsf? I had no time to actually use Ortho4XP, so I'm might be wrong here. Can you provide me any reference? 

It should be yes but never tried it. You can define a .dsf tile in the section "Build Overlays". If you select the custom dsf with a modified mesh it should use this mesh as base for the ortho tile.

ortho4xp.thumb.JPG.2b36972cdaebb362d4140eb76ac3949f.JPG

EDIT: Tried it with our Calvi scenery but it's not working. However I have got a german tutorial where it says that it is possible to include the HD Mesh as base. Therefore I thought it should be possible with a custom mesh file as well...

• 2 months later...

Archived