Four more airports: ENMS Mosjoen, ENRM Rorvik, ENNM Namsos, ENNO Notodden

anthony_d

I'm on fire the last few nights.  So that's all the Avinor Airports Rendered on the Norwegian coast all the way from Molde to Bodo.

ENMS Mosjoen, is inland from the coast, and as you can see it has some obstacles if you're landing from the North.  It's served by Wideroe with Dash8-100 aircraft.

mosjoen.thumb.jpg.e237a9e8fb6ab0311537485f98c3180f.jpg

Further south we have ENRM Rorvik, also a Wideroe destination.  It's out on a peninsula.  Scenery isn't so mountainous, but it has some very scenic small undulating hills.

rorvik.thumb.jpg.d25a868cf1970135e18723a7cf8c2c53.jpg

And then close by we have ENNM Namsos.  Also a Wideroe destination.  All six of the airports I mentioned in this post and previously are linked up on a Dash8 service that takes off from Trondheim and stops at many of these small airports on the way north to Bodo.  They'll be linked up in various combinations.  None are busy, but they'll have a daily service at least (maybe 3x a day).

namsos.thumb.jpg.f0c4e12f81ea652d5898348a77417ec3.jpg

Finally we have ENNO Notodden.  I've been keen to get my hands on this for some time, but it was checked out by someone else (checkout expired yesterday).  I wasn't so keen on their work, so some brutality has been commited and I deleted everything except the runway.  

This is the closest airport to Kongsberg - a place that I periodically visit on my assignments.  It's not really a commercial  airport, but there is a scheduled Beechcraft B200 service to Bergen.  This is more a general aviation airport.  You can land here, park up and then do your grocery shopping just over the fence.  I've included the industrial estate which borders this airport.  On the other side of the runway I've included a campsite.   

notodden1.thumb.jpg.8636d448ffee7a22b4cfbab891a7f0a8.jpg

There's also a marine base.  I tried Janovs trick of using sunken picnic tables, but sadly they drowned when I switched from default to UHD mesh.  I have however included mooring posts and a life ring fire extinguisher post.

notodden2.thumb.jpg.78011a6aa262c36966036e7202de2628.jpg

Notodden also is a base for a gliding club going off the satellite photos.  We also have a public road crossing the runway.  I've included suitable barriers to control the traffic.

notodden3.thumb.jpg.c1c693676425f3aff01802f50834e08d.jpg

Next stop is ENTO Torp, and hopefully I can get this done before flying out with my girlfriend on Sunday to Stockholm for a survey of Aberdeen, Schiphol and Arlanda airports  city mini-break (I think she'll throw my laptop into the sea if I bring it, so I better not!)

"Where are you pointing that camera, I am standing over here!"

"Oh yes, sorry dear. Would you mind standing in front of that hangar area for a bit? I think the light is just a bit better over there..."

😂

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 10:10 PM, Julian (Laminar Research) said:

Austin needs to give out free drinks to Gateway artists while they are working .. Vegas style !! Watered-down of course :)

I am not sure if the "Ballmer peak" also applies to WED work...

https://medium.com/@alroth/the-ballmer-peak-501dd54c5aa5

Cheers, Jan

11 hours ago, Janov said:

I am not sure if the "Ballmer peak" also applies to WED work...

I'm willing to do a study in the name of science on this one. 

I'm not too sure how to do this study, but here's one idea for setup:

We have one reference airport that has been composed with zero beers one night.  We measure the time from gateway import to gateway export, and the number of vertices created.  Therefore we get a measure of vertex creation per hour.

We repeat the experiment with another airport of similar size the next night, but with one beer consumed.

Rinse and repeat for additional beers until our submissions get rejected by the moderator!

Archived