[OPEN PROJECT] Airports in Sweden

ChrixFlyer

Hi all,

below you can find a list of airports in Sweden that are available as 3D scenery, but could possibly need some overhaul:

airport_list_sweden_1.jpg.836ddad2aa19450f9d7f38b8749e0a55.jpg

airport_list_sweden_2.jpg.bd4dace6a9e747ca6c042080c99b8096.jpg

Simply pick the airport(s) of your choice, and feel free to post here in this forum thread so I can keep the list updated. 😉

Explanation for colours: orange = worked on, green = uploaded & awaiting validation, blue = scenery package completed & awaiting upload

Edited by ChrixFlyer
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, ChrixFlyer said:

@Michel VerheugheList updated! 😉

... and, it is now finished and uploaded. Here is what I observed:

Flying to Hoganas, there was a nice crossed grass runway and even, various surfaces for the airport buildings but nothing in 3D. Then, downloading the airport from the Gateway, there was a lot of work done there! Buildings, various details, etc. 

But then, three objects, three aircraft, were not accepted by the Gateway because not part of the present Laminar Research library. I deleted those, changed a hangar to something I think fits better then, added cones marking the edge of the grass runway. I know they exist because I almost run one down, one day, taxiing on the grass. Yes, a taildragger aircraft gives you a nose-up attitude when taxiing and you don't see much those obstacles.

Anyway, ESMH is now uploaded to the Getaway. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Vulkaistos said:

As there are quite a few airfields, I thought you guys could need some help, so I checked out ESSG if that's okay for you?!

My friend, in the name of the King of Sweden, we thank you! 😉 ... meanwhile, Chris, mark ESGS Stromstad Nasinge to my name. A simple grass airfield used by many Norwegian pilots who like to shop in Sweden ... cheaper, you know! 😉

1 hour ago, Vulkaistos said:

As there are quite a few airfields, I thought you guys could need some help, so I checked out ESSG if that's okay for you?!

Welcome on board! 🙂 ESSG (Ludvika) marked as "worked on".

37 minutes ago, Michel Verheughe said:

My friend, in the name of the King of Sweden, we thank you! 😉 ... meanwhile, Chris, mark ESGS Stromstad Nasinge to my name. A simple grass airfield used by many Norwegian pilots who like to shop in Sweden ... cheaper, you know! 😉

ESGS marked as "worked on".

ESGS Nasinge is finished and uploaded. But, as I was searching for photos on Google, I found this one:

flyghaveri.jpg.43eea4140b87c5984fd95c4814afc6dc.jpg

The second person from the right is ... me! Some years ago, we flew a formation of four ultralight aircraft from Jarlsberg to Nasinge and, as the formation leader, I landed first. When we do that, I always land from the middle to the end of the runway, to let the other airplanes to land after. When I was at the end of the runway, I turned and saw that airplane 2 was upside down while 3 and 4 were circling, asking if anybody was hurt. I parked my plane, check that everybody was fine. The pilot was crying, seeing his aircraft damaged but with no physical harm. Somebody then took this photo. Since I flew alone, the pilot flew home with me, the remains of his aircraft came home later.

The reason of the accident? He said that he did a hard landing, stalling from high above the runway, then broke the nosewheel and went in a pitchpole. This is the reason I flew a taildragger: less chance to see a damaged nose wheel on rough terrain then, as this is a good example, a high-wing aircraft is much safer for the pilot and co-pilot.

... now, crashing X-Plane is less costly!

Edited by Michel Verheughe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vulkaistos said:

I have finished ESFA (it's fairly small) but can't upload right now, will try it again later. In the meantime I'll take a look at ESVQ -Köping

My hometown right now, moved here 2005 😀

@ChrixFlyer So I just checked what you suggested but it doesn't seem to fix it. I have attached the scenery pack here, so maybe you could try to upload it in your WED install to figure out if it's a scenery/gateway-issue or if it's just related to my install: ESVQ - Köping.zip

Edited by Vulkaistos

3 hours ago, Vulkaistos said:

@ChrixFlyer So I just checked what you suggested but it doesn't seem to fix it. I have attached the scenery pack here, so maybe you could try to upload it in your WED install to figure out if it's a scenery/gateway-issue or if it's just related to my install: ESVQ - Köping.zip

I was away, today. Actually, I went to Sweden! Yes, my wife and I decided to shop in the Nordby, the big shopping center outside Strömstad, on the other side of the border. It is much cheaper there! 😉

Anyway, I downloaded your zipped file, unzipped it and tried to upload it and I got the same error message: 400. I don't see any possible error in the layout itself. Perhaps maybe because the airfield ID is -1 and ... something else, elsewhere. I don't know but Julian certainly knows. Try writing to him at [email protected]

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Cheers, Michel

@Michel VerheugheThanks for taking the time to check my file. If I remember correctly Scenery ID -1 just means it isn't based on any previous scenery so the system just generates a new Scenery ID when uploading so I don't think it's going to be an issue. But I'll definitely try to contact Julian about it..

In the meantime I'll start working on ESNL - Lycksele

Edited by Vulkaistos

55 minutes ago, Vulkaistos said:

@Michel VerheugheThanks for taking the time to check my file. If I remember correctly Scenery ID -1 just means it isn't based on any previous scenery so the system just generates a new Scenery ID when uploading so I don't think it's going to be an issue. But I'll definitely try to contact Julian about it..

In the meantime I'll start working on ESNL - Lycksele

This might be the problem. I removed your version of the airport then I created a new one, then I imported the most recent version of it from the Gateway (from 2017) and its ID was, 15155. Perhaps the script of the Gateway check the ICAO code for ESVQ and its ID number and concluded that, since they don't match, there was an error.

What you could do it to take your work and change the ID from -1 to 15155. It is worth the try before you call Julian ... who is very friendly but very busy! 😉

Cheers, Michel

I'll work on ESGP Save. This is where you fly charter flights to the south when you live in Göteborg. I was once there and, as I left the terminal towards my plane, a guard asked me not to go over the line and board that airliner ... I had to tell them that I intended to fly my own airplane, something they didn't understand! 😉

• Haha 1