My Ontario Airports

FlynBrian

Newly uploaded to gateway never before seen in X-Plane: CAT1 Atwood Coghlin, CDG3 Dungannon, CDH6 Delhi, CDT7 Dutton

Edited by FlynBrian

More recent uploads CBF2 Belwood Baird Field, CPK9 Arthur Pesket Field, CRB2 Cottam, CTF4 Dundalk

Edited by FlynBrian

CyGQ Geraldton Hutchison Lake was already done, I tweaked texture headings and added the sea lane CNE6 and wharf, CYYW Armstrong 

Edited by FlynBrian

Newly uploaded to gateway never before seen in X-Plane:CDF5 Elora a small private grass strip on a large commercial farm just south of Elora Ontario 

Edited by FlynBrian

Here is Grand Bend CPL4 shown on skyvector it was WWII field created in 1942 to train RAF and RCAF pilots, it was officially givin up in 1963.  Currently  the infield has two dirt tracks and a high speed 4 lane oval, while Grand Bend Motorplex uses the original 13/31 runway (created with 2 shades of asphalt.pol) as a drag racing strip.  The west side of 06/24 which is still operational is sometimes used as road coarse race track.  I spent way too much time creating the long sloped roof on the old air-force base building.  I am giving up on this one and adding it as is to Gateway. I challenge anyone who loves old air force bases to finish this one.     

Edited by FlynBrian

I restarted my work flow on these non existent Ontario airports and I am going through the XC00?? list in Gateway alphabetically and got stuck on the previously posted Grand Bend. Essex CNE9, Ethel CPD2, Fergus Holyoake Airfield CPY9, Fergus Juergensen Field CPG7, Fergus Royland Field CPR9, Flesherton Smitherrs Field CFL4 have been uploaded to the Gateway  

Edited by FlynBrian

It seem there are a lot of rich farmers in Southern Ontario Highgate CNA2

Highgate CNA2 .png

Edited by FlynBrian
Forgat to add the name of the airport
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, FlynBrian said:

It seem there are a lot of rich farmers in Southern Ontario

Is this due to a particular new crop being introduced for the first time since last year? 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, anthony_d said:

Is this due to a particular new crop being introduced for the first time since last year? 😉

Those crops are highly regulated by our federal government and nearly only run by major corporations. I think it has more to do with the most southern location in Canada and the rich soil and most dense population in Canada

On 7/9/2019 at 1:20 AM, anthony_d said:

Here are two more InnerKip CNR2 and Iona Station COS2 Those crops are highly regulated by our federal government and nearly only run by major corporations. I think it has more to do with the most southern location in Canada and the rich soil and most dense population in Canada

Innerkip CNR2.png

Iona Station COS2.png

• Like 1

This is London Chapeskie Field CLC2 located just 2nm NE of the London ON airport. There are about 20 previously non existent airport XC00## codes left to do in southern Ontario 

London Chapeskie field CLC2.png

• Like 1

Came across this CPE6 Sunridge Almaguin Highlands wed bot airport miss named and located a nautical mile west of its' proper location. the name wed bot used is a company operating here. the field is about 33 nautical miles south of North Bay CYYB

Sunridge Almaguin Highlands CPE6.png

Pioneer Airpark CPN8 is located 5nm NNw of CYXU London. When this is approved be careful of the high tension wires visible with the wire warning markers I added

Pioneer Airpark CPN8.png

Edited by FlynBrian

While checking out 11.35b5 at CYTR I noticed some things need some more tlc. The image with the lighter markings are before I created them with 1D pavement and black and white road lines. I thought the recommended method was draped signs whic are much darker but although the #s are always higher in the hierarchy the don't all show up that way. Why? If anyone knows please comment. I also fixed some taxiways,  sign positions, added parking 17 to 24, got rid of the flickering facade with the super structure on the roof photo showing pedestrian over pass, and added ramp starts at parking positions as tie downs   

Edited by FlynBrian

I think that draped signs and lines (.lin) and polygons (.pol) are all in the same "bag" of assets - you NEVER know which one shows up on top. Even between different sessions of X-Plane this will vary.

The only way to safely have lines on top of other polygons is using "airport lines". They should always show "on top" of everything else, even runways.

Cheers, Jan

Allan Park CAP2 is about 5 Nautical miles east of CYHS Hanover/Saugeen Municipal Airport the city I went to as a child in the 1950's and early 60's to visit my great Aunt. It was there I crossed from one side of the Saugeen River under the Weir Waterfall close to down town Hanover. I would also watch and wave to the friendly steam engineers close to the train bridge visible in the back ground. Great times lovely country.

Allan Park CAP2.png

HanoverWeir.jpg

• Like 1

This is all making me want to go and visit Ontario.  With my Bella Coola holiday coming up, I suppose at Vancouver airport on the home bound leg I could always get my London’s all mixed up and end up here!

1 hour ago, anthony_d said:

This is all making me want to go and visit Ontario.  With my Bella Coola holiday coming up, I suppose at Vancouver airport on the home bound leg I could always get my London’s all mixed up and end up here!

UK is just as beautiful when I visited my RCAF uncles grave site at the Commonwealth War Gaves in Harrogate we visited Knaresborough and its ancient castle overlooking a meandering river

130522_06400220130522_100.JPG

130522_07470420130522_148.JPG