My Ontario Airports

FlynBrian

7 hours ago, FlynBrian said:

Stoney Point Trepanier is near the shore of Lake St Clair in that corridor of turbines and while testing a left hand circuit on 27 I nearly clipped one because I turned left too soon without enough altitude, and i agree with Yan's point

Stoney Point Trepanier CRJ2.png

Looks like this will be a great addition also.  And yes, I fully understand and agree with Jan regarding the submission to the gateway of wind turbine's miles away from an airport. Being new to the scenery gateway I misunderstood it's use/intention as a tool for scenery designers to submit airport scenery to laminar, rather than submit any/all scenery to the x-plane community.  In that sense, the wind turbine discussion is most definitely something for the .org but not the gateway.  :)  And I'll *try* to have patience waiting for aiports to be added in future updates, but when I've discovered someone doing quality work so close to an area I'm familiar flying in, it's much too tempting to add a few close to home airfields ;)  Thanks again!  

Cheers and happy flying!  Steve.

• Like 1

Here is Strathroy Blue Yonder CPK2  based on the swept wing of the parked plane I think it might be a light jet so i included "A"size jets and turbo props in the hangar

Strathroy Blue Yonder CPK2.png

• Like 1

@FlynBrian if I were to give you the coordinates for four grass stips close to my house, would you have a look at them and decide if you'd like to add any of them to your My Ontario Airports collection?  One is located 42.152709, -83.066025. One is at 42.174554, -83.079298. One is 42.128283, -82.992152. And the last one is 42.080490, -82.776024

None of them apear on skyvector but are active little strips with local pilots.  There are a couple of large solar farms in the area that are easily seen on the satelite photo on google maps, along with some radio towers that local vfr pilots refer to as McGreggor towers when entering the windsor control zone 

airstrip1.JPG

airstrip2.JPG

airstrip3.JPG

airstrip4.JPG

county airstrips.JPG

Edited by CycleC0mmuter
added air photos

FlynBrian would need a bit more info, if possible - he would need to have Laminar Research create those strips and add them to the X-Plane database of airports.

The coordinates are a first step, but it helps to have some more info if it is available, like "name", "Aviation authority ID", "elevation", "City/locality", "Province", etc...

Cheers, Jan

42.152709, -83.066025. South of Windsor near Edge Water Beach about 600' elev;

One is at Riviere aux Canards 42.174554, -83.079298 616'; is a good Canadian name

One is near McGregor 42.128283, -82.992152 660';

one is at corner of MeCain  Side Rd and Road 4 W 42.080490, -82.776024 700' this could be Klondyke

How about flying into these spots with a Montgolfier bottle of champagne and get the family's names? 

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2019 at 10:59 AM, FlynBrian said:

42.152709, -83.066025. South of Windsor near Edge Water Beach about 600' elev;

One is at Riviere aux Canards 42.174554, -83.079298 616'; is a good Canadian name

One is near McGregor 42.128283, -82.992152 660';

one is at corner of MeCain  Side Rd and Road 4 W 42.080490, -82.776024 700' this could be Klondyke

How about flying into these spots with a Montgolfier bottle of champagne and get the family's names? 

I do know the family at the 3rd one (near McGregor) so that one will be no problem at all to get any needed additional info.... The others, I'm sure I could enquire about if you need more info. 

Hi CycleCOmmuter, the elevations are guesstimates please firm them up and if you could either get me the family names or the names of the little towns closes to these locations to use as their names I'll do my best to get codes to submit them

Airport Code Request.jpg

South Hampton CPF7 with Sky Diving target west of Hanover with 29 approach over the Saugeen River with Lake Huron in the background, be careful this strip is only 40 ft wide and treed  

South Hampton 1.png

South Hampton 3.png

South Hampton 4.png

South Hampton Saugeen River.png

South Hampton Wind Sock.png

Edited by FlynBrian
forgot photo

I found a few more missing airports in Southern Ontario and waiting on info on the 4 above and have started about 500 miles in Eastern Ontario with Iroquois CNP7 previously done by _V_  

Iroquois CNP7 E.png

Iroquois CNP7.png

Iroquois Hangars.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FlynBrian said:

I found a few more missing airports in Southern Ontario and waiting on info on the 4 above and have started about 500 miles in Eastern Ontario with Iroquois CNP7 previously done by _V_  

Iroquois CNP7 E.png

Iroquois CNP7.png

Iroquois Hangars.png

Still working on getting the missing info for my 4 requests :) .... One of the field owners is looking into the other 3 for me.  Hoping to have info for you sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

That's good in the mean time I'll be working on Eastern Ontario wedged between New York and Quebec. Also flying the Cessna float plane using 11.4ob3 which stalls very much better and the plane does not bob up and down on the water. Eastern ON has a mix of WEDbot, old 3D assets and non existent real airports 

This is Julians updated Pendleton CNF3 There is a lot of glider activity here and grass growing in the old concrete joints that were impossible to replicate, but I added grunge, trees, lego hangars c/w hangar start, the 3rd strip which is grass next to the added X's on the out of service runway, the aprons were changed from taxiways to .POL's

1 Pendleton CNF3.png

2 Pendleton CNF3.png

3 Pendleton CNF3.png

4 Pendleton CNF3.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

McGregor Pvt unregisted SW strip south of Lake St Clair requested by CycleCOmmuter note the Electric Overhead Wire Markers on approach, this airport is waiting for an ID in-order to upload

McGregor Pvt.png

Edited by FlynBrian
typo
  • Like 1