My Ontario Airports

FlynBrian

On 12/1/2019 at 12:23 PM, FlynBrian said:

Hi Greg, Brian here aka FlynBrian or FlynAlex if you go to https://gateway.x-plane.com/ you will find all of the scenery artists in this forum there. We work in the free software WED that you can find here https://developer.x-plane.com/ at the bottom of the Scenery Tools heading called Worldeditor (WED). FlynBrian's work is mainly land based airports and FlynAlex are mainly Seaplane bases. The airports we add or doctor are periodically updated to X-Plane the last being Gateway airports marked “Recommended” before 18 September at 18:21 UTC will be included in the airport update for X-Plane 11.40b5. Anything after that you can download from Gateway and place in X-Planes custom scenery folder but they should be removed once they have been updated into X-Plane. As a private pilot I have found this sim to be almost like the real thing and have become slightly addicted to creating missing or improving airports here in Canada and around the world. Have a look and enjoy

THANK YOU for all of your hard work sir! Keep up the great work! Truly amazing stuff!!!

• Like 1

Picton  CNT7 During World War II, the airport hosted the No. 31 Bombing and Gunnery School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, operating Avro Anson, Fairey Battle, Bristol Bolingbroke, and Westland Lysander aircraft. Today is a general aviation airport and summer home to Air Cadet Glider Training

Picton with Legos.png

Picton on Final.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was a Wedbot grass strip wrongly called CNC7 which really belongs to Lake Muskoka Mortimers Point Seaplane Base which I have added and submitted to gateway under FlynAlex scenery ID XC008R. For the time being I have added a lot to this unique strip the brown pol next to the grass strip is really seaplane ditch full of water and in Street view you can see a seaplane and two other stol airplanes. I would like Julian to rename this to Nipissing Pvt 

Nipissing.png

• Like 1

Plevna Tomvale Airport CNA9 is shown on charts as Pvt but has a Medical Heli Port within the boundary. the satellite image is clouded over so this is an estimate and if anyone is familiar with this Onatrio  airport feel free to edit  

Plevna Tomvale CNA9.png

This gravel Strip in cottage country east of Georgian Bay is a real challenge it is short, narrow and bent in the middle, it is newly being added to gateway and can be found on charts as Bala CBL8

Bala 1 CBL8.png

Bala 2 CBL8.png

• Like 1

On the charts CNZ4 is called Barry's Bay Madawaska Valley Airpark but that is too long so I left out Barry's Bay when I added this to Gateway the CNZ4 location in WED calls out Barry's Bay

Barry's Bay CNZ4.png

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone Bancroft is an update of _V_ 's submission from 2016. I added the new solar panels that are springing up all around the world trees and improved the Heliport

Bancroft CNW3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took a 1000nm deviation east to a WEDbot 2D airport Clarenville NFLD CCZ3 because it is easier to locate in WED by just downloading from gateway and Bob's your Uncle. Already uploaded but not if you have the ARCAL Lua script you'll need to edit the ATF in the script with notepad to the correct frequency of 123.20 to get the airport lights on

Clarenville 1 CCZ3.png

Clarenville 2 CCZ3.png

• Like 1

Chipman CCS4 was WEDbot and is owned and operated by the J D Irving Woodlands company operating a large factory on the river serviced by the railroad in Chipman New Brunswick 1.5nm NNE of the strip

Chipman CCS4.png

• Like 2

Juniper CCE3 in New Brunswick was improved from WEDbot by Chronos in May of 2015 and nolonger met the current standards plus the runway has since been lengthened on the North end, but the CIFP data has not been updated and I don't know how to get that done so the extension is a taxiway with markings and I added the trees and structures

Juniper CCE3.png

• Like 2

Brian,

You need an x-plane medal!   Failing that, I checked my x-plane newsletter archive and couldn’t find a copy where you have been interviewed for the monthly newsletter.

Julian,

Give Brian and interview for the newsletter!  It’s stellar work he’s doing!

• Like 1

Thank you Anthony, I am addicted, It started Nov 2016 when I discovered X-Plane but couldn't find CST3 a small paved strip in a community I once lived in and flew out of. That airport is under my other moniker FlynAlex which is primarily registered and pvt seaplane bases in Canada that were none existent

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FlynBrian said:

Its winter in Ontario at this new strip Bracebridge West CWB2 Thanks to the Seasons App Autumn Spring Winter here at the org

DR401_CDI155 - 2020-01-09 19.34.15.png

Looks amazing!  I wish I could get that working, but for the life of me I haven't been able to get the SAM plugin to install properly ... No SAM menu in my plugins menu :(  But your airport looks wonderful in it's winter setting!  :)