My Ontario Airports

FlynBrian

Port Perry Hoskin CPP3 there are in the real world two red and white painted electric poles along the road side I have taken licence and used beacon_airport_big.obj to represent the hazard to the approach

Port Perry Hoskin CPP3.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This was next in my alphabetical list of new airports I is an hours drive north of where I live and just west of Red Deer Alberta CRD6 is called Red Deer Truant South and realy does not belong in this topic, there are a few more left in eastern Ontario to add: CRS4; CSF4; CBB2; CTR3; CPM5; and CLW2. Testing MSFS 2020 has slowed my work on WED somewhat

Red Deer Truant South CRD6 43 PM.jpg

Red Deer Truant South CRD6 44 PM.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FlynBrian said:

Testing MSFS 2020 has slowed my work on WED somewhat

Well, thanks for not jumping ship like everyone else with Alpha access!

Cheers, Jan

Rosseau CRS4 is a pvt gravel strip 1577' long at what looks to be a Rock quarry 7.76nm east of Parry Sound Municipal CNK4, Short field take off and landings can be managed with a Cessna 172

Rosseau CRS4.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Janov said:

Isn´t spring coming in Ontario by now as well? 😂

Thanks for all those airports, Brian!

Spring is slowly breaking here in SW Ontario for sure... And I'll say thank you also! Amazing work and I'm very grateful for your efforts! 

• Like 1

Spring has sprung on an other new X-Plane Ontario grass strip but only because I moved the time from March to June. I am not sure how or where in the seasons app the date for change is set. Anyway here is Stouffville CBB2

Stouffville CBB2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

An other new air strip used by glider pilots just NW of Tottenham ON called Tottenham Ronan CTR3. would be nice to have static gliders to put on the taxiways with their trailers as seen in satellite images. Up next Tottenham Volk field CPM5 

Tottenham Ronan CTR3.jpg

• Like 1

I am not doing anything more to this one Tottenham Volk CPM5. There is controversy about the leveling land fill efforts here on the internet and the satellite images are poor and inaccurate. I contacted Transport Canada and as of March 2020 it is still active. If there are any real pilots flying in that area some pictures would be appreciated. The field is on high way 9 south and east of Tottenham. 

Tottenham Volk CPM5.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is Killarney CPT2 on the no scenery list but it was a WEDbot PT2 with a miss placed runway and a incorrect taxiway. The correct ID for this strip is CPT2 and is located 46NM north of Tobermorey CNR4

Killarney CPT2.jpg

Killarney(2) CPT2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No previous scenery De Lessepts Lake CFK9 a very un-level and undulating strip far better to land with a seaplane and ask for permission to tie up at the pier. This strip is located 152nm north of Thunder Bay Ontario just submitted in the new wanted feature on the first page here

De Lesseps Lake CKF9.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

CTR7 added showing new sliding gate at CYRO to exit to CTR7 and new piers and boats here in the Canadian Capital

CTR7 sealane.jpg

CYRO to CTR7.jpg

CYRO.jpg

CTR7 Docking.jpg

• Like 1

Peawanuk CYPO located 110NM west of the NW tip of James Bay where it meats Hudson Bay, 18NM NNE is an abandoned Winisk airport IATA code YWN which had a radar station from 1958 to 1965, in 1986 a spring ice jam on the Winisk river flooded and washed the town into Hudson Bay, the Winsik strip is usable in an emergency but I have not added it yet

Peawanuk CYPO (2).jpg

Peawanuk CYPO.jpg

• Like 1

I came across this approved work I did as FlynAlex and it was miss named and only 2D so it has been resubmitted as Parry Sound Seaplane Base CPT8 with the bouys removed piers and boats added and sail boats used as sealanes

Perry Sound Seaplane Base CPT8.jpg

Perry Sound SP Base CPT8.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...