My Ontario Airports

FlynBrian

XP-11.50B11 is available and is buttery smooth on my 43"4K @ 2560X1440 40fps, 39 of my new airports are in the 498 listed new airports in the release notes, so don't forget to delete anything you have downloaded into your custom scenery to get the release version in this beta and the near 11.50

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wikipedia info: The Sudbury Basin,  also known as Sudbury Structure or the Sudbury Nickel Irruptive, is a major geological structure in Ontario, Canada. It is the third-largest known impact crater or astrobleme on Earth, as well as one of the oldest. The crater formed 1.849 billion years ago in the Paleoproterozoic era. NASA used the site to geologically train the Apollo astronauts in recognizing rocks formed as the result of a very large impact, such as breccias. Astronauts who would use this training on the Moon included Apollo 15's David Scott and James Irwin, Apollo 16's John Young and Charlie Duke, and Apollo 17's Gene Cernan and Jack Schmitt. Notable geologist instructors included William R. Muehlberger.

CSC9 Sudbury Conison is a private airport that has a very distinctive runways and taxiways (top down satellite shot) as the result of the use of treated gravel. I represented this as best I could with the Illegal use of asphalt_1L.pol which has been rejected and must be replaced by the use of the taxiway feature. So sad :(

CSC9 POL taxiway treated gravel Ilegal too bad.jpg

CSC9 Sudbury Coniston Pvt.jpg

Satilite shots of Treated Gravel Taxiway.jpg

Legal Taxiway.jpg

Edited by FlynBrian

Morrisburg CNS8 is located directly across the road from Upper Canada Village a representation of a village of United Empire Loyalist who fled north during the American revolution of 1775-1783.  This is an upgrade of _V_ work from 2015 there is a faded X at both ends of the runway with very little in the way of 3D items even the sock is missing from the mast in Google Street View but the runway seems to be in fair condition and the field is mowed.

Morrisburg CNS8.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

CNN3 Shelburne Fisher Field here is one I missed in central Ontario I think they are tree framers

CNN3 Shelburne Fisher Field.jpg

CNN3 Shelburne Fisher Field2.jpg

Edited by FlynBrian
added new photo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

CZRJ Round Lake Norther Ontario. The runway. APAPI's, windsock, and taxiway locations were adjusted to ESRI views, runway signs, fences, 3D terminal kit, cone markers and trees were added with other misc obj.

CZRJ Round Lake.jpg

SummerAtRoundLakeCZRJ.jpg

Winter2AtRoundLakeCZRJ.jpg

Winter3AtRoundLakeCZRJ.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! It is always a welcome sight when real airports use buildings that we have available in WED (like the blue warehouse facade)!

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 12:50 AM, Janov said:

Nice! It is always a welcome sight when real airports use buildings that we have available in WED (like the blue warehouse facade)!

Cheers, Jan

I thought so too but it was twice the height so I used the terminal kit and baggage doors so it's not blue but if you know how to get the hangar fac to be the correct height let me know 

On 1/16/2021 at 1:17 PM, CycleC0mmuter said:

Huge fan of @FlynBrian's work... Thanks for bringing all of these Ontario Airports to life in the sim!! 😀 👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks Steve, Happy New Year! How are you doing covid wize? 

CYPM Pikangikum was a non existing airport until 12/04/2018. While watching a video of SpaceX Starling 16, they did a little video clip showing how important Starling is to this community, located 169nm NE of Winnipeg's CYWG accessible only by air 10 to 11 months of the year. This airport was in the clip showing the arrival of the Starlink satellite equipment.   

CYPM Pikangikum.jpg

2 minutes ago, FlynBrian said:

While watching a video of SpaceX Starling 16

Yes, I watched the launch for Starlink 16 yesterday and saw them mention that Pikangikum community and how it was only accessible by air (for most of the year). Needless to say I immediately checked if the airport was done in X-Plane - saw on the Gateway that you did that already and felt immediate relief! 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...