Incorrect Airport Location

hello all. wasn't sure where to post/report this. but i see runways and airfields in the incorrect position quite often. the below example is from MYX1 in the Bahamas. you can see the location of the airport is way off in the ocean (you can see actual airport location on the ortho photo to the left). And i know the ortho tile is in the correct place because there are several other airports on that tile and they are all in the correct location.

what's the best way to report this to get it fixed? thank!

aa2.jpg

Edited by dresoccer4

The best way to get this fixed is to learn about WED and the Scenery Gateway - then fix (and spruce up) the airport yourself, upload it and then have everyone benefit from your work when it is distributed to everyone on one of the next updates to X-Plane.

The second best way is to file a bug report and hope someone takes care of it for you.

The third best way is to post about it on the forums here...possibly even on the Scenery Development forum, asking for a kind soul to take care of it (possibly spiced up with a bit of a story why it is important for you). There are many friendly and helpful scenery designers there that really like to help...and your airport looks like a 30 minute job for someone who knows what he is doing.

Cheers, Jan

You will need to be familiar with WED and the Gateway Airports to do a quick fix.   I can make you a patch to drop into Custom Scenery to sort the problem.

This looks like Deep Water Cay MYX1  Gateway Airport No 22572 recommeded default

located at    26.630210   -77.919390    2m msl     bahamas   Asphalt runway and apron   no facilities.

I can either remove the airport, move it to the correct location, or do a freeby airport design.  Which option would you prefer?

Edited by Pterosaur54

I have tried to load this airport to the X-Plane Gateway and get an error 401.  This is using WED 2.2.  Does anyone know what this error means?

Just unzip and place this file into custom scenery and it will replace the default runway in the sea with a runway on the island.000-MYX1.zip

The airport is a private island strip with no lights or markings, daytime VFR only, no facilities and no ATC.  The scenery is made with XP default and this is the airstrip that I have been unable to load to the Gateway.  Please feel free to load it yourself.

You can also edit it in WED for your own needs.

190363229_Cessna_172SP_G1000-2020-03-1115_10_04.thumb.jpg.c6729459976c451f76d1d15bbb485ef9.jpg

As you can see from the screen shot, the old airport was located at a nav point - seen on the G1000.  The new position has moved the airport to the island where it should be located.  This looks like a bug issue, not yet reported.

Edited by Pterosaur54

Two possibilities.  Correct location should always refer to latitude - longitude.  If the Lat-long is incorrect then the airport is in wrong locations.  If lat-long is correct then airport is in right location.  In that case it could be that the custom scenery shoreline is what is not correct (i.e. the land mass is what is not correct).   I may be that there is an island strip not bulit in the scenery.  If that is the case this is a custom scenery error not an XP11 bug.

When authors put in airport locations they need to be using the right GPS datum system for XP.

Hawkeye

Edited by hawkeye