X-Plane 11 - Bolivia

Se creó este tópico para fortalecer la comunidad boliviana de X-Plane y para todos los interesados en volar en este increíble país. El Objetivo es centralizar en un lugar el gran trabajo que hacen los desarrolladores de escenarios y creadores de texturas, poder compartir screenshots, hacer sugerencias, solicitudes, etc. para optimizar la experiencia de vuelo sobre Bolivia en este simulador. Idealmente podremos animar a más gente que haga el salto de FSX a X-Plane ya que poco a poco vemos como hay contenido de primera.

¡Bienvenidos!

This Topic was created to strengthen the Bolivian X-Plane community and for all those interested flying in this amazing country. The objective is to centralize the great work done by scenery developers and livery creators, to share screenshots, make suggestions, requests, etc. to optimize the flight experience over Bolivia in this simulator. Ideally we can encourage more people to make the leap from FSX to X-Plane since every day there is more and more premium content for Bolivia. 

Edited by Leandro Acha
  • Like 2

Good point.  There is not a lot of Bolivan scenery available at present in X-Plane.  FSX is somewhat better served, but is also an outdated and unsupported sim.

I tend to concentrate my scenery designs around the UK with small airports, and also with island group airports, but I am sure that there are designers out there that would contribute to the Bolivian stock.

Best wishes

Edited by Pterosaur54
  • Like 1

Tito Yapanqui at Copacabana is on the shores of Lake Titicaca at MSL 3838m (12,599 feet).  That seems a good location to practice flying at high altitude in small aircraft.  I may have a go at that airfield.

Edited by Pterosaur54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pterosaur54 said:

Tito Yapanqui at Copacabana is on the shores of Lake Titicaca at MSL 3838m (12,599 feet).  That seems a good location to practice flying at high altitude in small aircraft.  I may have a go at that airfield.

Very challenging airport to say the least, It would be great to have SLCC on X-Plane for sure. It had a renovation a few years ago and was due to take commercial flights with a CRJ-200 from Amaszonas.

Copacabana.jpg

f_2019-07-01_46.jpg

• Thanks 1

Image1.jpg.79a217c17a5f7c34e5f281cfa1fccdd2.jpg

terminus down, rest of airfield to go.  Its a start!

OK, Just noticed the typo in the texture......

Edited by Pterosaur54
  • Like 2

154188481_PC-6_Porter-2020-06-2719_58_42.thumb.jpeg.a701711560851e130d66a66468148ffa.jpeg2058002364_PC-6_Porter-2020-06-2720_01_28.thumb.jpeg.7cec10f1d7394c0f132baf5c87217c45.jpeg

Starting to come together in its early stages.  The terrain needs a bit of adjustment, but my main issue is that I cannot find a picture of the control tower, which appears from google earth to be an unusual construction.  Does anyone have any info on the tower?

I must also switch off the runway ramp to prevent AI blocking it.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, boerboer said:

On Youtube

Many thanks, I did not spot that one.  I shall have a go at that this evening.

Copacabana is now on line as a free to use scenery for personal use only.

http://www.pterosaur.org.uk/Xplane10/South Americas/South Americas.html

It is fully editable and needs some of the libraries that I have listed on the website installing page.

Copacabana-S.jpg.a29e1d30f765adb1db05db2ca5deb66c.jpg

The scenery is flattened, so if you like, you can remove that setting and see what the base scenery does!  The runway texture is a .pol marking overlay, so it you want that freshly laid look, you can darken the texture colour.

Nice livery 🙂

Edited by Pterosaur54
  • Like 3

Bolivian Sceneries for X-Plane 11/Escenarios bolivianos para X-Plane11:

Cochabamba – Jorge Wilstermann SLCB: 

Santa Cruz – Viru Viru SLVR:

La Paz – El Alto Intl. SLLP: 

Sucre – Juana Azurduy SLSU:

Sucre – Alcantarí SLAL:

Tarija – Cpt. Oriel Lea Plaza SLTJ: 1)

2)

Trinidad – Teniente Jorge Enrich SLTR:

Copacabana – Tito Yupanqui SLCC: http://www.pterosaur.org.uk/Xplane10/South Americas/South Americas.html

Uyuni – Joya Andina SLUY: https://mega.nz/#!DOxEQaJS!baTUISQ6kU5Z0lswCGkptdIDsmeoos7aUt7BrNqRfwQ

Rurrenabaque – SLRQ:

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 5:17 PM, Pterosaur54 said:

I began working on a project for Copacabana airport some time ago but desisted when I bumped into the dilema in WED:  Flatten the scenery and make the scenery look unrealistic or leave the very sloped and bumpy runway impossible to land in.  If only I could fix the mesh this project would be a definite go.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:53 AM, Leandro Acha said:

Bolivian Sceneries for X-Plane 11/Escenarios bolivianos para X-Plane11:

I was really excited about this, unfortunately, despite having all the required libraries, I get errors and none of the airports show up.

21 minutes ago, WR269 said:

I was really excited about this, unfortunately, despite having all the required libraries, I get errors and none of the airports show up.

I have them all and tested a few airports now, they show up and are o.k.

Check your log file, maybe that will tell you something.

Is your scenery order o.k. ?

34 minutes ago, boerboer said:

I have them all and tested a few airports now, they show up and are o.k.

Check your log file, maybe that will tell you something.

Is your scenery order o.k. ?

scenery order is fine...I am getting the same error as other people posted:

0:00:47.231 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'MastFAA.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/SLCB - Jorge Wilstermann/objects/'.
0:00:47.231 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'prefab/scen_dry_asphalt_2sr.agp', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/SLCB - Jorge Wilstermann/'.
0:00:47.231 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/SLCB - Jorge Wilstermann/Earth nav data/-20-070/-18-067.dsf:
0:00:47.231 E/SCN: Unable to locate .agp: prefab/scen_dry_asphalt_2sr.agp
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/SLCB - Jorge Wilstermann/
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: C:/jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/REN/io_dsf.cpp:838
0:00:47.231 E/SCN: DSF canceled due to missing art assets, file=Custom Scenery/SLCB - Jorge Wilstermann/Earth nav data/-20-070/-18-067.dsf, err=15 (dsf_ErrCanceled).
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/SLCB - Jorge Wilstermann/
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:838)
0:00:47.231 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their solution was to install the prefab library, which I did but still no joy....never mind..