Microsoft Flight Simulator footage - Ultra presets @ 1080p

hobanagerik

This section seems kind of dead, so how about some eye candy.

This is Meteor Crater, in Arizona, and its visitor centre perched near it’s rim:

Meteor Crater Visitor centre 4.jpg

Meteor Crater Visitor centre 3.jpg

Meteor Crater Visitor centre 2.jpg

Meteor Crater Visitor centre 1.jpg

Edited by hobanagerik
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Binky said:

Entertainment ?
I think it looks pretty !

It looks even better moving. 🙂

I'll rename the thread to something more generic.  I have plenty more where that came from.  For balance, here's some where it doesn't quite do the real thing justice.  Clearly the Devils Tower needs some work.  Please don't be toxic, @LNK_WIN.  This sections description reads "Put all screenshots and videos of other flight sims here".

1254894887_DevilsTower2.thumb.jpg.b347ba4a12da87d41e3d1caab7d4ea17.jpg1817788442_DevilsTower1.thumb.jpg.813822d32419dfdc4f7caad65ea83346.jpg

A little better detailed is Monument Valley, Utah/Arizona.  I don't believe this is touched up scenery, pure Ortho plus the detailed mesh beneath:

Monument Valley 3.jpg

Monument Valley 2.jpg

Monument Valley 1.jpg

Edited by hobanagerik
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, LNK_WIN said:

Why? Shouldn't MSFS screenshots be posted to an MSFS forum? I don't see what you are trying to achive by this.

If you scroll up you can read the subforum description "Put all screenshots and videos of other flight sims here.."

• Like 2

Flying the Zlin Savage Cub around PANC.  I actually managed a ground loop here, or rather failed to prevent one! 😉

Hopefully the slightly higher recording quality comes through here, upped from 50mbit to 70mbit.  Something that is shown here are the clouds with rain beneath them.  If you land, you can see that these clouds are being blown by the winds.  Yesterday, I parked up, and just sat there as a weather front moved over me.  None of that weather popping as seen in XP.

Edited by hobanagerik

I didn’t do it here, but when you fly into the storm clouds at higher altitudes, then kill the power, when you go to the drone camera you can clearly hear the wind.  It gets a lot credit for the visuals, but the sound design is equally impressive.

You may have also noticed that when I killed the engine, as you slow down you see the rain effects on the glass slow down.  These little attentions to detail are really nice.

I also had a play around with this aircraft here the other day, doing what Squirrel did in his zero ground speed take off.  With a 150kt headwind, the Savage Cub can hover very easily. 😄

Edited by hobanagerik

A flight from Haneda International, Japan, to Mount Fuji.  I'm still getting used to the C208, and really miss the OBS feature of the XP G1000.  I lost sight of the runway, and my first attempt to land led to a go around, and I almost messed up the second attempt! 🙂

Looking North East from Palestine Municipal (KPSN) at Hurricane Laura:

Hurricane.thumb.jpg.93c13fafb5dfc2882e586dcc4ce0ba5d.jpg

KPSN_looking_East.thumb.jpg.4b7acfdf534f13e6ad85ef40d53f2e4b.jpg

40,000ft approaching the eye.  Clinton National Airport is getting hammered!

eye.thumb.jpg.dfa3dd41c1ba69edb6268f8e7a8fb518.jpg

It's kind of amazing how this massive storm is modelled here.  No matter where I look, there is cloud from horizon to horizon.

clouds.thumb.jpg.b875a3da94411a2078a9c012abf1a035.jpg

I doubt I am going to find some kind of eye though.  This thing is huge!

big.thumb.jpg.20cd838614dfff694e3e6af5a83e9a3f.jpg

Managed to make it to the other side.

plan.thumb.JPG.a2dd0beb7b83dbafa4d721550e35943c.JPG

flight_details.thumb.JPG.e3b1279a7f2a62305cc290e45b5c1f80.JPG

Edited by hobanagerik
  • Like 1

Redoing a flight from Lukla to Tribhuvan, with one extra stop leading to instant regret!  The C208 does not fly like the Kodiak, not one bit.

Edited by hobanagerik

• 1 month later...