What Plane Did You Fly Today? (Maximum 2 shots per post, one post per day please!)

3Point

The last flight ot the VOR to VOR Tour in Spain: LEAL (Alicante) to LEMH (Menorca). First photo is leaving behind Ibiza, the second one is in Menorca, parked at the ramp. Ready to do another tour, in another plane!

1.thumb.jpg.1353fb5ac971caf0b8846fe2991d221b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.51dc732525e6051571219d8467c93544.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

This was my first A-B flight from YEG to YVR in the 747-400 at FL330.  The auto pilot leaves something to be desired and I swear, ATC was going to vector me into a mountain!

The jet over the Canadian Rockies and I am in good company upon arrival at YVR.

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 20.09.57.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 21.29.37.jpeg

• Like 19

The plan was... depart from Northeast Florida Regional (KSGJ) and fly down the coast to the Shuttle Landing Facility (KTTS) because Mission Generator said so! 25 children needed to get there apparently.... all going along very nicely, beautiful day when suddenly sharp yaw to port, red lights and unfamiliar noise.... Engine #1 had had enough of being an engine and decided to be a huge lump of burning metal instead!

Never had that happen before - got the fuel cut off and feathered the prop, but couldn't find the extinguishers! (Note to self: read the manual!) Closest available airport with a long runway was Daytona Beach Intl (KDAB).... managed to get down in one piece though the landing was a bit off-nomimal! I swear I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, T's & P's were good, everything properly set... but very exciting! Perhaps it was the Gods of Flight Simming telling me it's 2:30AM and time to go to bed!

AWX DC3, OrbX Florida scenery, Livery my own for Florida Air Cargo - there's a patch where two panels join on top of the nose which I can't get to join up properly!

AWXDC3_KSGJ_KDAB_1.jpg

AWXDC3_KSGJ_KDAB_2.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, aemann said:

Livery my own for Florida Air Cargo - there's a patch where two panels join on top of the nose which I can't get to join up properly!

Have a look through the liveries I've done for this to see if any have the region painted as you need it, so you can use it as a reference. It can be tricky in that area, but IIRC I was always able to get there in the end!  

MiG-15, Welshpool, Wales:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

The military exercise took place over the Atlantic Ocean, targets for training, no one was injured (missiles are real) :)

DeltaWing General Dynamics\Lockheed Martin F-16 Block 52+

Без названия.jpeg

Без названия (2).jpeg

Edited by Romandv
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

v12.06b6. Busy day on the thread today (yay), lots of great pictures, however allow me to introduce The Daddy - v11's SR -71 incorporating the mods from @Julian-does-a-lot to get it flying in v12.

Did I read the flight profile required to get it high altitude, high speed? Erm, no. Did I get it past even Mach 1.5? Erm, don't think so. Did I run out of airspeed and fall inglorious from the sky? Yes! Oh, that's not a good thing is it? Will I be invited to test the latest secret high speed, high altitude plane? No, probably not.

But it does look nice hauling out of Dubrovnik Airport (LDDU) (think that's where I was).

SR-71 - 2023-08-27 16.11.47.jpg

SR-71 - 2023-08-27 16.15.06.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

I searched online for inspiration and for a suitable color combination to customize the C337F by Thranda with a 70's look. I am quite satisfied with the result.

337_1.thumb.jpg.4a7eaa2991644074cf9befb5277e6114.jpg

337_2.thumb.jpg.13c59d0713b53ef656ceabe81f5f7aba.jpg

• Like 25

VSL_C-47, livery by dcthreepainter, Papua New Guinea, from Kavieng (AYKV) to Rabaul (AYTK)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by JK63pilot
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

A bit late to the Wingtip Wit afterparty, but I felt compelled to show off my ill-gotten gains 😁.

Thank you @nicolas and @Dominic Smith for this fun event!

Now a very proud owner of the excellent Lancair Legacy RG ☺️

Cruising in the Weserbergland
Bildschirmfotovom2023-08-2921-13-05.thumb.jpg.f3ec8d76cd050116775d4c0fe56d1b49.jpg

Turning final for EDVW rwy 22
Bildschirmfotovom2023-08-2921-23-48.thumb.jpg.79cbb64b7ada330f6ec30549cbcb9bc4.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely agree with @beebon above - this thread is awesome! Some truly astounding images here, really showcases just how good X-Plane can look, And such a wide variety of aircraft, scenery, airports, liveries - this a really vibrant and creative community, so thanks to all for sharing your work and experiences - it's truly inspirational!

The exceptional Tiger Moth XP12 from @danhopgood1, OrbX GB South scenery, noodling around Booker/Wycombe Airpark EGTB), banner - custom made!

NB: Very tricky to get the banner and the aircraft in the shot - the banner is really long!

Tiger_Moth_Awesome_1.jpg

Tiger_Moth_Awesome_2.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4