What Plane Did You Fly Today? (Maximum 2 shots per post, one post per day please!)

3Point

KLM 787 at EHAM (Amsterdam). I will have this 787 as my carrier (according to the e-ticket) when attending to my brother's wedding on 6th of January. Hope my friends here are having a sweet Christmas.

787 - 2023-12-24 12.33.42.jpg

787 - 2023-12-24 12.30.07.jpg

• Like 11

Had some crazy idea to do some Xmas Islander flying out of Sumburgh in the Falklands to Papa Westray! Huh! Pouring rain and the Islander is rocking about in the wind. Wind check - 325/36kts gusting 46 kts, Rain Low Cloud 800 ft broken above, Sev turbulence!, Went well know where at all. Still the Nimbus Islander looks good in the dark and rainy night!

EnQ2Qir.jpg

HBbJarq.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

More practicing in the wonderful Skunkcraft P51-D - landings and take offs are becoming more consistent. Gentle on the throttle of this high power and torque machine, and fly her down onto the runway (long runways help for practicing). 

My christmas flight was from LOWI to ETSL testing the autopilot in ALT and HDG mode - finally in VFR weather again, after many days of overcast low ceilings and storm.

Over the river Lech on northerly heading over Kinsau and Apfeldorf (position in google maps) and 4 ft above RWY 21 ETSL.

P-51D - 2023-12-25 12.29.48-231225-122948.jpg

P-51D - 2023-12-25 12.29.17-231225-122918.jpg

Edited by myxx
(map link added)
  • Like 20

When your HUD fails and you realise you're not gonna make it back to the base in time for Christmas Dinner, one has to improvise rapidly....

image.thumb.jpeg.f95bdde5abbcaba50d07b519fb5f35fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8eab129cfb48bd36436b6b952beef910.jpeg

- "Dad... someone's parked in our yard out front..."

- "Is it that guy in the Volvo again..? Why I..."

- "No. It looks like an F16."

- "...an F... well F me indeed. Martha! Put another place out - looks like we got one more for dinner..!"

Happy Chrimbo everybodies!

Edited by beebon
  • Like 12
  • Haha 6

v12.0.8. I've had the @maps2xplane Svalbard scenery for a while, but resisted going there as it wasn't winter enough. It doesn't get more winter than Xmas, so time for a trip. I originally wanted to start at Honningsvåg Airport (ENHV), but that has a fissure in the runway. Which I discovered by running straight into it in the dark. So a swap to Hammerfest Airport (ENHF) for the trip to Svalbard Airport (ENSB) in the Thranda Daher Kodiak 100. At this time of year and this far North, it's perma-dark and the sun never rises. The first half of the trip was fine, if a little bouncy in the turbulence and running through clouds it was too dark to actually see. The second half was just dark. I couldn't see a thing and was just following the LittleNavMap route and my instrument displays. In the end, the lack of anything to put the light of the runway into context meant that, after 508 miles, I crashed into the sea just 2.1 miles short. I need to come back again when it's less winter and I can actually see something. A nice long afternoon trip in a nice plane, in no way spoiled by not quite making the landing.

This far North, I think the new cloud model has broken down a bit.

Kodiak_100 - 2023-12-24 13.27.58.jpg

For the first half, I had the moon as my companion. Until I didn't.

Kodiak_100 - 2023-12-24 13.38.28.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm finished messing with the interior of my livery for the fine Restauravia Piper Apache. It is uploaded and available. Hopefully, this more closely resembles the RL aircraft's interior, though some things are different just by nature of the model.

Piper_Apache - 2023-12-25 13.30.02m.jpg

Piper_Apache - 2023-12-25 13.33.32m.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

Less famous than the Sopwith Camel is the Sopwith Triplane, built only in small numbers. This design came out before the German triplanes.. Here the Triplane operates out of Langley Park historical aerodrome in Perth, Australia.

Triplane15 - 2023-12-26 12.20.34.jpg

Triplane15 - 2023-12-26 12.18.31.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I don't usually get time to fly on work nights, but it is Christmas, at least it was when I started this flight. Taking the Thranda C172M from Rutland to Middlebury. Merry Christmas all, and Happy New Year.

Thranda_C172 _25.jpg

Thranda_C172 _26.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2