Canadian WEDbot & New Wanted airports

FlynBrian

CYRI Riviere du Loup. Once on a small Air Canada flight from CYUL to CYHZ in the winter there was a stop here and we skidded sideways  off the runway onto taxiway A, luckily no damage to the gear and we made it out OK 

CYRI Rivier du Loup 3.jpg

Edited by FlynBrian
size
  • Like 1

CCR3 Florenceville NB How do I treat this situation? The correct location of the hangars and apron (disregard the tall experiment in the field) sit on the autogen road. Get rid of the autogen road or move the apron and Hangars while getting rid of the pol road I created in the correct location?

CCR3 Florenceville NB altered apron.jpg

Edited by FlynBrian
size

2 hours ago, FlynBrian said:

CCR3 Florenceville NB How do I treat this situation? The correct location of the hangars and apron (disregard the tall experiment in the field) sit on the autogen road. Get rid of the autogen road or move the apron and Hangars while getting rid of the pol road I created in the correct location?

My personal "preference" in this situation would be to get rid of the autogen road & "replace" with a pol road.

Edited by ChrixFlyer
  • Like 1

CPE4 Reids Field in Cambridge Ontario is the most manicured small GA airport I have come across in Canada work on it is progressing. Still waiting more input on CCR3 Florenceville New Bruswick Home of McCain's

Reids Field.jpg

CPE4 Camebridge Reids Field 3.jpg

Edited by FlynBrian
size

On 2/21/2021 at 6:45 AM, FlynBrian said:

Yeah, I agree with @ChrixFlyer, I'd exclude the autogen road and do a pol road back to the '103'.

1 hour ago, FlynBrian said:

CPE4 Reids Field in Cambridge Ontario is the most manicured small GA airport I have come across in Canada

It seems to me a large proportion of the small GA airports in North America are reasonably well manicured, but yes, CPE 4 looks more than most. Our local GA fields here in Oz, and even Regional airports, have the character of being built in a paddock with a few regulatory markings for good measure 🙃 .

CSU St Hyacinthe Visible in the two shots are 4 sister igneous intrusions of the famous Mont Royal in the center of the island of Montreal  

CSU3 St Hyacinthe.jpg

Edited by FlynBrian
size

CYQN Nakina Ontario very poor satellite images but did find this pdf of current and planed developments including location of abandoned strips over grown with scrubs

CYQN Nakina 1.jpg

Nakina Airport CIDS May 6.pdf

Edited by FlynBrian
size
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, FlynBrian said:

CPE4 Reids Field in Cambridge Ontario is the most manicured small GA airport I have come across in Canada work on it is progressing. Still waiting more input on CCR3 Florenceville New Bruswick Home of McCain's

Reids Field.jpg

CPE4 Camebridge Reids Field 1.jpg

CPE4 Camebridge Reids Field 2.jpg

CPE4 Camebridge Reids Field 3.jpg

Drove by CPE4 in Cambridge one day and caught a glimpse quickly  - didn't realize I was driving by the end of a runway so close!  Caught me by surprise!

• 2 weeks later...