Seychelles4XPlane - Seychelles Scenery for X-Plane

maps2xplane

Good news: Seychelles XP has been updated! The new version fixes a few issues with the terrain mesh for X-Plane 12 beta/early access. It hotfixes, inter alia, "gaps" between waterbodies and landmasses. BTW: A more extensive update of Seychelles XP - which will then also make use of new X-Plane 12 features - is planned for a later date, when X-Plane 12 is in a more advanced stage.

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fsia_02.png

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fspp_02.png

Seychelles XP awaits you with a stunning landscape, the International Airport on Mahé, the Regional Airport on Praslin, and more than a dozen additional, scenic landing-sites for your smaller aircrafts and helicopters. More detailed info on the product page and in the developer blog.

• Like 3

BTW: The first screenshot shows Mahé, the largest island of the Seychelles, and home to the Seychelles International Airport / FSIA. The second screenshot shows Praslin, the second largest island, with the Praslin Island Regional Airport / FSPP. Here are two more screenshots of the two islands:

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fsia_01.png

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fspp_01.png

But that's not all, Seychelles XP covers the entire Archipelago of the Seychelles with all the 115 islands. Read more in the developer blog.

• 2 weeks later...

The aforementioned largest islands Mahé and Praslin are part of the so-called Inner Islands. Most (42) of the Inner Islands are composed of granite rock like for example the easternmost island Frégate:

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fssf_01.png

Also part of the Inner Islands are the two northernmost islands of the Seychelles archipelago: Denis Island and Bird Island. Unlike the other Inner Islands, these are coral islands:

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fssd_01.png

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fssb_01.png

You can reach these islands by helicopter or your smaller aircrafts. I recommend the Twin Otter with matching Air Seychelles livery pack by @Pedrovl. But beware, these are very short and challenging grass runways - read more...

Edited by maps2xplane
  • Like 2

Yeah, Seychelles XP includes all 115 islands of the archipelago. So not only aforementioned Inner Islands, but also the Outer Islands.

For example the Amirante Islands with an airstrip on D'Arros Island:

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fsda_01.png

Or the Farquhar Atoll, 770 kilometers southwest of the main island of Mahé:

seychelles4xplane_v1-1_fsfa_01.png

A huge archipelago with numerous landing sites to explore is waiting for you 😎 More info and snapshots in the developer blog.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone of you an Org Store customer, and already successfully loaded the Seychelles XP-update? I'm in particular interested in existing customers, who purchased Seychelles XP in the past. I'm asking, because there was recently an issue distributing an update of another product via the Org Store, and I wanted to make sure that at least for Seychelles XP everything's fine. Thanks!

28 minutes ago, maps2xplane said:

Anyone of you an Org Store customer, and already successfully loaded the Seychelles XP-update? I'm in particular interested in existing customers, who purchased Seychelles XP in the past. I'm asking, because there was recently an issue distributing an update of another product via the Org Store, and I wanted to make sure that at least for Seychelles XP everything's fine. Thanks!

I just click on the download and I get a "Not found" message.

• hmm. ok :) 1

On 12/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, maps2xplane said:

Short followup: It turned out (thanks to @BobFS88) that there was an issue with the URL to access Aerosoft One. According to the Org Store, this should now be fixed for all customers! If you still have any issues, Aerosoft One can also be downloaded directly from Aerosoft! The "Product Key" to be entered in the Library-tab of Aerosoft One to unlock your Org Store-purchases, can be found in the Order Confirmation that was emailed to you upon purchase. Alternatively, you can find the Serial Number in your Org Store-Account in the list of products you have purchased.

There may, however, remain an issue for existing customers who already purchased the product, and now want to download the announced update via Aerosoft One. According to our publisher Aerosoft, those responsible for the Org Store have not assigned/were not able to assign (yet) the necessary serial numbers. Our publisher Aerosoft and the Org Store have agreed that affected customers can contact the Org Store directly and get a serial number issued and assigned for their purchase! So I kindly ask those affected, write to the Org Store, attach your order confirmation, and ask for a serial number.

Even if it is not in the hands of us developers, we are very sorry for the inconveniences! The now offered solution is not particularly convenient, I know, but it's at least a quick workaround for now! The issue exists only for Org Store-customers, and new customers shouldn't be affected!