UKCC Donetsk Intl

simbambim

Somebody had started a detailed work on this airport many years ago but abandoned it for some reason. The airport was destroyed in real world. Reconstructed using historical satellite imagery, photos and charts from 2012-2014.

old-new.thumb.jpg.b62cce8ecc0852b8e0a1309dfc22620a.jpgUKCC1.thumb.jpg.b8ebfdbd931e206f8304ac838aa5c50a.jpgUKCC2.thumb.jpg.fd4b53e785fbc89e5a92eb0e21623de4.jpgUKCC3.thumb.jpg.94c84a4173f0546fc1bbf4cb7b152f7d.jpgUKCC4.thumb.jpg.b332893aa49f5dfc9d67a012e7ae1728.jpg

Edited by simbambim
  • Like 4

Hi - your pictures look great - but there are no "historical" airports allowed on the Gateway. This also goes for some other iconic airports like Hongkong, for example.

I personally have a very strong opinion about the events that led to the destruction of this airport, but political statements have no place here.😐

Let´s just say I hope that the airport will be rebuilt in the real world very soon under the ICAO code of UKCC and maybe you can hold on to your file and upload it then.

Stay strong, Jan

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Janov said:

Hi - your pictures look great - but there are no "historical" airports allowed on the Gateway. This also goes for some other iconic airports like Hongkong, for example.

I personally have a very strong opinion about the events that led to the destruction of this airport, but political statements have no place here.😐

Let´s just say I hope that the airport will be rebuilt in the real world very soon under the ICAO code of UKCC and maybe you can hold on to your file and upload it then.

Stay strong, Jan

Hmm, I thought it was allowed, just that they put an X mark in front of the name or something? 🤔 So it will be rejected? ☹️

Edited by simbambim

Yes, indeed.
Gateway is great because it will end up at some point as a deafult airport.
But here in the download manager, you will find a petazillion of airports that are not on the gateway for whatever reasons.

Edited by Christophe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Yes, indeed.
Gateway is great because it will end up at some point as a deafult airport.
But here in the download manager (Files), you will find a petazillion of airports that are not on the gateway for whatever reasons.

Ok, thanks, will do.

You can upload a closed airport at the Gateway - but it would need to reflect the current (destroyed) status. Just putting the [X] in front of the name is not enough.

45 minutes ago, Janov said:

You can upload a closed airport at the Gateway - but it would need to reflect the current (destroyed) status. Just putting the [X] in front of the name is not enough.

What exactly needs to be done?

I uploaded it to the downloads section:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 6:56 PM, simbambim said:

What exactly needs to be done?

I would try to upload it like that and see if it goes through the barrage. Your airport is splendid, that would be a shame not to submit it in the gateway. 

Since political stuff is not allowed here, it's in my opinion a good reason to not depict the airport as destroyed in the gateway! You may reduce to only one or two the AI aircraft parking positions of the smaller type in WED to avoid having the airport very populated by AI. Also remove the ground vehicles to make it look like more desertic.

Edited by XPJavelin

6 hours ago, XPJavelin said:

I would try to upload it like that and see if it goes through the barrage. Your airport is splendid, that would be a shame not to submit it in the gateway. 

Since political stuff is not allowed here, it's in my opinion a good reason to not depict the airport as destroyed in the gateway! You may reduce to only one or two the AI aircraft parking positions of the smaller type in WED to avoid having the airport very populated by AI. Also remove the ground vehicles to make it look like more desertic.

I submitted the airport before I posted this thread and later it was accepted but isn't approved yet. Should I make these changes and resubmit it? By removing ground vehicles, do you mean static or moving vehicles (it doesn't have any service vehicle network anyway)?

1 hour ago, simbambim said:

I submitted the airport before I posted this thread and later it was accepted but isn't approved yet. Should I make these changes and resubmit it? By removing ground vehicles, do you mean static or moving vehicles (it doesn't have any service vehicle network anyway)?

No don't resubmit, you'll see and wait for the next batch as required. Moving ones.

• Like 1