Xbox Series S Price Increased Substantially in Brazil

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
61tgzb04gQL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

The new price is R$ 3.599, while it used to be R$2.659.

(U$520 to U$ 730)

The series S now costs the same as a new PS5 Digital edition in Brazil.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
They deserve it for hand waving the acquisition through.

"I see no concerns with allowing a monopolistic megacorp to get bigger."
-CADE, Brazilian regulator, translated from the original Portuguese.

The avarage Brazilians have little power on the decisions of the corrupt government.

Besides, im pretty sure this is because of taxation or something else like that. Either way, they just killed the console in the country.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The avarage Brazilians have little power on the decisions of the corrupt government.

Besides, im pretty sure this is because of taxation or something else like that. Either way, they just killed the console in the country.

From my understanding Xbox has less taxation because they fabricate those consoles in Brazil. At least it used to be like that on the 360 days.

Either way it's a ridiculous decision. Why the hell wouldn't you buy a ps digital now? The idea behind the series S is that it has to have that impulse buy pricing. should be 220 USD at most.

Also gotta love the latin american pseudo communist governments taxing electronics up the ass because they want to protect an industry that doesn't make sense and will never develop.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
From my understanding Xbox has less taxation because they fabricate those consoles in Brazil. At least it used to be like that on the 360 days.

Either way it's a ridiculous decision. Why the hell wouldn't you buy a ps digital now? The idea behind the series S is that it has to have that impulse buy pricing. should be 220 USD at most.

Also gotta love the latin american pseudo communist governments taxing electronics up the ass because they want to protect an industry that doesn't make sense and will never develop.

That's what I heard too, I have no idea if they still do it but Xbox used to be significantly cheaper than PS there.

I think the best option is for people to buy consoles outside Brazil and bring them in as personal items...

Of course it's not an option for everyone.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
They deserve it for hand waving the acquisition through.

"I see no concerns with allowing a monopolistic megacorp to get bigger."
-CADE, Brazilian regulator, translated from the original Portuguese.
Brazil really wants to be the real life Night City, huh? :ROFLMAO:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is the PS5 DE price 😱

I brought mine few months after launch for R$3999.

Edit - Actually you can buy the PS5 disc version for R$3881.

PS5 DE was sold at R$ 3533 early this month.
Today it is R$3648.

Who will buy a Series S at price of PS5? Not even the most Xbox fan here will do that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Inflation and The USD value has increased ince the 360 era.