Fallout 76

Fallout 76

Voir les stats:
Not really all that fun
I have barely survived up to level 20 with about 36 hours of play. I think it helped that I started on the free weekend with enhanced XP points. I used to love F3-F4-LV, but 76 is just a chore. I am on PC.

Things attack while you are crafting, in the menu system, conversing with others.. no pause at all. I got attacked by dogs building my camp on a cliff with no accessibility. (I was transported to this cliff with some NuklaShine!). I saw them run by, thinking... how did they get up here? along with "since I ignored them... they will not be back"... then they cornered me while I was working on my tiny single room house. ...

Additionally, now that I am at L20 running L20 weapons, I expect at least some effect on a L15 scorched with a regular shotgun or even higher powered rifle. How many times do I have to die just to kill a single lower level enemy? This is obviously a balance issue.

After Fallout 3 (2008), the same menu system is just clunky. Seriously, I thought Borderlands had issues. Then there is the regular combat mode. If your gun breaks or runs out of ammo you have to jump back into the menu (the rotating assigned ring) just to get another gun, and with no pause, you are quickly dead. Same with Stimpacks. Is it too much to ask for at least assignable keys so you could put each weapon or stimpak on a number pad for immediate switchout?

My last complaint. A common one I expect. Loot drops. Not enough. the only place I have gotten pretty good weapons and armor is when other players drop it at my feet out of pity. Not enough caps. Not enough armor. Always running out of ammo. (And this is with multiple perk cards for same in the Luck skill). No great options for melee that I have seen. Prices too high. Vending machines still not working properly.

Fun is all in the eye of the player. It is just not fun without some bit of progression I am not feeling right now. I figure I will get slammed for these things, but whatever. For now, I am just playing something else.
< >
Affichage des commentaires 16 à 28 sur 28
Op's quick read version

Op struggles with game difficulty and to adopt.

Op does not understand why game is not the same as other games.

Op blames the game.

Op finds review posting too confusing and difficult, would rather post a review in general forums.
Sugam a écrit :
Op's quick read version

Op struggles with game difficulty and to adopt.

Op does not understand why game is not the same as other games.

Op blames the game.

Op finds review posting too confusing and difficult, would rather post a review in general forums.
That's why I say just keep at it and learn. Yeah we can sit here and give advice but if the player cannot uses common sense and some basic intelligence to solve these issues then they are going to have a real hard time. We can say yeah OP you're the issue and still be nice about it lol.
im the same 46 hours level 22 died like 150 times but keep on grinding.
To each their own.

I loved fallout 3, NV, and fallout 4 too. Fallout New vegas is my favorite game of all time. I was gonna spend 200 dollars on the collector's edition of fallout 76 on launch but heard it was really bad.I was disappointed of the game from reviewers. So for the past 2 years I avoided 76 like the plague. I heard it was terrible. Well since the free weekend, I tried it out and i'll admit i thought the first 5 hours of the game was bland. But later on as i advanced slowly through new regions, leveling, up, building my base, and doing quests i was hooked and now i'm having a blast.

Honestly i didn't have too much of hard time with monsters. When i was level 20 i could go fist fighting 5 scorchs at a time and still win, either you're doing something terribly wrong or you're just trolling. I probably only died like 3 times in 66 hours only because i was running away from something higher level then me. Once you get power armor it becomes really easy too Nothing will kill me.

Why are lvl 15 scorch so hard for you? I can 1 shot them with a shotgun....Also there are assignable keys for your weapons.... its: 1,2,3,4,5-10 and for stimpacks its H..... I thought everyone knew of this...

In my opinion of reading your review you're just blaming the game for being too "hard" when its really not. You complain that theres so little loot when theres plenty of it everywhere you just have to search for it. Enemies don't drop too much ammo but they do drop so many weapons. Also you blame the game for not having certain features when it already does.. Basically you have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe this game just isn't for you.
Dernière modification de Excal; 28 mai 2020 à 18h18
x = dan a écrit :
I have barely survived up to level 20 with about 36 hours of play. I think it helped that I started on the free weekend with enhanced XP points. I used to love F3-F4-LV, but 76 is just a chore. I am on PC.

Things attack while you are crafting, in the menu system, conversing with others.. no pause at all. I got attacked by dogs building my camp on a cliff with no accessibility. (I was transported to this cliff with some NuklaShine!). I saw them run by, thinking... how did they get up here? along with "since I ignored them... they will not be back"... then they cornered me while I was working on my tiny single room house. ...

Additionally, now that I am at L20 running L20 weapons, I expect at least some effect on a L15 scorched with a regular shotgun or even higher powered rifle. How many times do I have to die just to kill a single lower level enemy? This is obviously a balance issue.

After Fallout 3 (2008), the same menu system is just clunky. Seriously, I thought Borderlands had issues. Then there is the regular combat mode. If your gun breaks or runs out of ammo you have to jump back into the menu (the rotating assigned ring) just to get another gun, and with no pause, you are quickly dead. Same with Stimpacks. Is it too much to ask for at least assignable keys so you could put each weapon or stimpak on a number pad for immediate switchout?

My last complaint. A common one I expect. Loot drops. Not enough. the only place I have gotten pretty good weapons and armor is when other players drop it at my feet out of pity. Not enough caps. Not enough armor. Always running out of ammo. (And this is with multiple perk cards for same in the Luck skill). No great options for melee that I have seen. Prices too high. Vending machines still not working properly.

Fun is all in the eye of the player. It is just not fun without some bit of progression I am not feeling right now. I figure I will get slammed for these things, but whatever. For now, I am just playing something else.

are you upgrading and repairing your weapons.. I was owning all the fodder creatures at lower levels.. like level 2 kiling level 5 - 10 super mutants.. Scorched are like fodder with just about any weapons.. Are you using automatic or one shot reload weapons.. Those one shot weapons kinda suck unless they are OHK, and most aren't..

At level 20 the only things that really give me issues are the non Super Mutant, Scorched, Ghouls, Wolves, Dogs, Robots..

Pretty much only the stuff in the higher level 15 - 20 range,, even then I can still kill them just require alot of my ammo as my build isn't really flushed out for combat..

As for the rest,, the Combat is kinda crap, and a massive change in terms of Vats, which used to be the only way I played.. The only benefits are they seem to have really put alot of effort into bullet physics so now you can actually hit stuff down the iron sights..

Alot of legit complains though,, game has alot of issues..
how are you dying to a lower level enemy lol. is your DR alright to compensate it? ammo and armor dont become an issue later on especially ammo since theirs perks tied to it. when i first started this game since wastelanders i didnt think it was much of a chore. the endgame is the chore one.

you can literally just press 1, 2 ,3 to switch weapons... wtf? you dont have to go through the main menu, someones not using the feature at all.
Dernière modification de DivineLion; 28 mai 2020 à 20h41
Huntn a écrit :
No worries, you’ll be accused of not knowing how to play as I was. :D For myself compared to years of playing Elder Scrolls and Fallout, F76 is too much like work. I just hope that Bethesda continues with their solo game development and does not think, online is now the way to go.
Huntn a écrit :
F76 is too much like work.
F4 was that already.
The multiplayer parts of that game killed it for me.

I cheated the hell out of it for resources to build big bases and stuff not taking care about any quests.

I got used to resource gathering in multiplayer games like Ark or The Forest (with initially was planned as singleplayer game, but luckily the devs chose to add coop). So I didn't really like that F4 had it either but without anyone being able to help you out.

So after building my first base and then building one in a Vault, I never got into the story any further.
As I couldn't see how the whole plot adds up with building big bases.

F76 does that very well as it's actually meant that you leave the Vault to "rebuilt America". And as you are able to make groups with other players, this whole building and resource gathering is a group job then. In addition to that you can either built Protectrons that gather resources for you. So far I really like the whole idea behind it.
The initial concept was a bit of a downer for me, but seems Bethesda turned it around pretty well.

I am looking forward to the Brotherhood update coming at the end of this year. :thumb:
It's just awful.
Thanks for the comments. I will continue forward. My build options are pretty limited at L20. I have focused more on the luck for ammo benefits, intelligence and charisma for more conversation perks, but know I need to get my strength up if for no other reason than to be able to carry more weight. And now I realize that quick access wheel is assigned to the keyboard. Not a troll, just a frustrated F3-F4-FLV player trying to navigate a new world.
x = dan a écrit :
Thanks for the comments. I will continue forward. My build options are pretty limited at L20. I have focused more on the luck for ammo benefits, intelligence and charisma for more conversation perks, but know I need to get my strength up if for no other reason than to be able to carry more weight. And now I realize that quick access wheel is assigned to the keyboard. Not a troll, just a frustrated F3-F4-FLV player trying to navigate a new world.

I'd still post more details on weapons your using, etc. Because you shouldn't be dying to enemies 5 levels under you in a 1 on 1 fight.

Like do you scrap weapons to learn mods?
"I'd still post more details on weapons your using, etc. Because you shouldn't be dying to enemies 5 levels under you in a 1 on 1 fight.

Like do you scrap weapons to learn mods?"

My biggest problem has been maintaining ammo supplies--my favorite weapon has typically been the double barreled shotgun, for which I run towards an enemy and VAT the head. But I do have trouble finding shotgun shells... they are definitely in short supply in some areas. I do scrap weapons to learn mods. In the past, I have liked more energy weapons, but as with the shotgun I jump through ammo too quickly.

In reviewing my build I found I had highlighted multiple melee options in strength if for no other reason that I do not have any other perk cards that would allow additional flexibility at L20. So I switched to a sledgehammer. I can take down a L35 RoboBrain with that, as long I stay close and keep it from firing at me. A bit more satisfying.

Like I said, I appreciate the encouragement.
x = dan a écrit :
"I'd still post more details on weapons your using, etc. Because you shouldn't be dying to enemies 5 levels under you in a 1 on 1 fight.

Like do you scrap weapons to learn mods?"

My biggest problem has been maintaining ammo supplies--my favorite weapon has typically been the double barreled shotgun, for which I run towards an enemy and VAT the head. But I do have trouble finding shotgun shells... they are definitely in short supply in some areas. I do scrap weapons to learn mods. In the past, I have liked more energy weapons, but as with the shotgun I jump through ammo too quickly.

In reviewing my build I found I had highlighted multiple melee options in strength if for no other reason that I do not have any other perk cards that would allow additional flexibility at L20. So I switched to a sledgehammer. I can take down a L35 RoboBrain with that, as long I stay close and keep it from firing at me. A bit more satisfying.

Like I said, I appreciate the encouragement.

You can craft ammo for it too, don't get as much as you will with perks but under tinkers bench you can easily make more ammo.

Early game i'd suggest using 2-3 weapons. So if you use a shotgun, i'd use a hunting rifle and .308 ammo, and perhaps a 10mm as backup.

It's very useful to mod a hunting rifle into a sniper rifle as you can 1 shot many enemies with sneak headshots even with no perks. However if you have a few guns then you have more flexibility with ammo, and the weight of a hunting rifle and 10mm pistol isn't much.

A .44 pistol also works well, and gives you more flexibility for ranged combat.
< >
Affichage des commentaires 16 à 28 sur 28
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 28 mai 2020 à 12h47