Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Halong Bay, Vietnam (VVCI)

So, when I switched my sim PC on today the windows welcome screen had a nice image, so I clicked to see more, and it turned out to be Halong (sometimes Ha Long) Bay in north Vietnam. One of those land/sesacape images you've seen before but never really taken in. So thought I'd go visit. Nearest airport seems to be VVCI, and everything that follows is pure default MSFS - no addons either free or payware. Once again, I'm well impressed. I changed the weather and season mid way just because I can! All 4k and ultra or higher, as usual.

uwKlLY3.jpg

LuMK2fN.jpg

That looked interesting so went down fo a nose around
gpLCFjW.jpg

A bit further on over Cat Ba Island, probably the biggest island in the bay
CBHgwGk.jpg

and again, the view at ground level (whoo-hoo! balconies!)
AhrbKHi.jpg

GGa8H9q.jpg

This is what the bay is really all about. Thousands of islands in various sizes scattered all around
CJR2ehL.jpg

PR9SIlI.jpg

1ye9CBo.jpg

BaGkMly.jpg

PyhvexU.jpg

TLiqgft.jpg

sePBgqj.jpg

53YQkZ1.jpg

R4Q7kbk.jpg

SSNEAcF.jpg

Couldn't see for sure, but looked like there might be a building in that little cove with the islet in it down below so thought I'd drop down and pay it a visit
vaV87tl.jpg

Turned round, heading in now
kHu7PX3.jpg

LCFagft.jpg

Beached, and ready to explore
w9nTnuu.jpg

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Nice!

I catch myself doing that too!   Last time it was a little deep blue lagoon on a remote island....very nicely rendered.  I'll have to see if I grabbed screens for it.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg