Puerto Rico Related Coins & Medallion - My 2000th Post!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by paddyman98, Oct 15, 2015.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hi everyone. In observance of my 2000th Post (yes I'm proud of it :happy:) I wanted to share 3 Puerto Rico related items that are part of my collection.
    PR Display.jpg

First is a NGC certified Mint Canceled 2009 25C Puerto Rico Quarter. This is the NGC slab that I featured in my very first CoinTalk post back on March 6th, 2013. What I found intersesting is that I sent this to NGC to get certified and I think they made the mistake of giving it a MINT ERROR attribution on the label. Must of been because I listed the canceled Quarter together with the other Mint Errors I submitted.
    PR05.jpg PR06.jpg
    Second is a coin that I don't have much information on.
    The Obverse side says - 50 UNITED STATES ONE NATION - 51st STATE PROOF, The bust of Washington is marked with the word COPY.
    The Reverse side - The image of part of the famous fort called El Morro with a Parrot and the official Island frog, El Coqui. These designs were later incorporated into the official 2012 El Yunque Puerto Rico Quarter
    If anyone has any info on this coin please feel free to comment!
    PR01.jpg PR02.jpg

And Third is a collectable Medallion commemorating the current Governor of PR - Alejandro J. Garcia Padilla. Anyone interested in where I got this medallion let me know and I will get you the info! By the way my last name is Padilla also :D
    PR03.jpg PR04.jpg

I am happy to be part of the CoinTalk community. I have shared as much as possible my coins, hobbies and Numismatic knowledge with you and will continue in bringing more interesting threads (I hope they have been) for all to see and read! :woot:

And I wanted to end in saying that I chose the Puerto Rico theme because my parents were born there.
    Today October 15th, is the 15th year anniversary of my fathers death who started me in the coin collecting hobby!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Congrats on 2k :)

I actually always appreciated mint cancelled coins. It's an important part of the minting process that often gets attributed as post-mint damage rather than something collectible.

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

Way to go Paddyman!

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice looking coins and congrats on the 2000th post. :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

On the quarter, and remembering teach (even though I thinks hes back) ... I see a bird, flying, yet his wings are closed. He/she is carrying a frog, resting on a leaf to the castle to kiss the princess.

Daniel Jones and paddyman98 like this.
  7. paddyman98

Haha, oh my gosh! :hilarious:

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Always great to honor the one who got us started, especially when that person is our father.

Great stuff too, Paddy. :)

Daniel Jones and paddyman98 like this.
  9. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Keep it up Paddyman. Your post are always interesting.

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Yes, congratulations on #2000! And, many, many more! Ha, ha! I like your PR Medallion. I guess it's just the way he smiles. He looks like your typical next door neighbor from the 1950s.

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Me makes 3 on that thought, I guess

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Those Puerto Rico fantasy quarters were produced before it was even known if the US Mint would make any territory quarters. They were minted from 2004-2009, with 2004 being the most common (but still somewhat scarce). The 2006 issue was fairly scarce. There were two versions minted each year. The silver-plated ones have a fully reeded edge. The solid 999 silver versions have a gap in the edge reeding with imprinted text ".999 FINE SILVER". The solid silver versions are definitely rarer. The 2005 solid silver version is unverified. More information is available here: http://www.moonlightmint.com/other.htm

paddyman98 likes this.
  13. paddyman98

That's great info. Thank you so much Daniel!

14. billy b

billy b Active Member

Very nice coins Paddyman! congrats on 2000 posts.I would also like to thank you for always being respectful to me, and helping me with the learning process.plus your always quick on giving me link's too coin sites I'AM unaware of, or when I post something stupid you always correct with the right info on the coin.Have a great weekend.Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!Plus that outstanding coin collection you have.

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

This right here ^^^

Congrats Paddyman. I have certainly gleaned some great information from your 2000 posts...here's to 2000 more!

paddyman98 likes this.
  16. paddyman98

17. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Shhhhh, I've been hiding, don't let Frank or Chris find out, they'll find me....LOL.

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted