Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Kosovo BKPR Express

Serbian CAA tried to deny my flight to Pristina saying that VFR was prohibited under FL205 in Kosovo airspace.
This was not consistent with NATO specifications which in the meantime had authorized my flight….

N410617 E0142719
S. Agata de Goti, Benevento, Italy

Anyhow, great trip

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

For anyone interested I have created the following SkyDemon files for the missing data from Kosovo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey6pf5ifuhoqqa8/Kosovo%20SkyDemon.zip?dl=0

It can be extracted in C:\…\Documents\SkyDemon\CustomData

The source of data is the KFOR document that can be found on Eurocontrol EAD.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

For anyone interested I have created the following SkyDemon files for the missing data from Kosovo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey6pf5ifuhoqqa8/Kosovo%20SkyDemon.zip?dl=0
It can be extracted in C:\…\Documents\SkyDemon\CustomData
The source of data is the KFOR document that can be found on Eurocontrol EAD.

GREAT!!
Thanks!
Maybe Skydemon people should be informed so as they add these airspaces.

N410617 E0142719
S. Agata de Goti, Benevento, Italy

Nuccio,molto piacevole e interessante tuo video,complimenti.

LGGG

That identifyer changed years ago! I believe it did when Pristina was reopened after the Kosovo conflict, it was run by Islandic ATCO’s, therefore the “B” identifyer instead of “L” it actually should be. Serbia never reckognized this so the LYPR identifyer is still around but for all practical purposes BKPR has been used since probably 2004 or so.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

That identifyer changed years ago! I believe it did when Pristina was reopened after the Kosovo conflict, it was run by Islandic ATCO’s, therefore the “B” identifyer instead of “L” it actually should be. Serbia never reckognized this so the LYPR identifyer is still around but for all practical purposes BKPR has been used since probably 2004 or so.

There are no unused second letter(s) available in the “L” series so they had to use a different first letter. The reason for picking “B” might be what you say.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 29 Oct 14:57
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

The reason for picking “B” might be what you say.

It was

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 29 Oct 15:53
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Airborne_Again wrote:

There are no unused second letter(s) available in the “L” series so they had to use a different first letter.

Speaking of which, I don’t understand why both Israel and Palestine have location indicators in the “L” series (LL and LV) rather than the “O” (Middle East) series.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 29 Oct 20:26
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Are VFR flights over Kosovo still denied?

LPSR, Portugal
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message