Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Texel Fly-In 2016

Join us at the 8th Texel Fly-In from 26 until 28 august 2016.
For the 8th time running, Texel International Airport (EHTX) will be hosting the Texel Fly-In for GA pilots, aircraft and enthusiasts. Texel International Airport is located on one of the beautiful Wadden Islands that border the NW of The Netherlands. The Texel Fly-In is the largest fly-in event in The Netherlands. In the past, hundreds of pilots and their aircraft – and let’s not forget, their guests – have joined fellow pilots from all around Europe for a fun-soaked and good spirited weekend.
The theme of the 8th edition will be TRAINERS TO TEXEL. Celebrating the milestones of 100 years of Boeing, 70 years of DeHavilland Chipmunk, 30 years of Van’s RV-6, 75 years of Grasshoppers and 70 years of Cessna 120/140. All types are invited. Anniversary aircraft will be parked in the show parking.
Ralph “Sheik” Aarts (Pilot of Royal Netherlands Air Force, F-16, Supermarine Spitfire, North American Harvard) will tell about his militairy flying career in the Forum/Exhibition hangar on Saturday 27 August.

The following terms are paramount to the success of this great event: hospitality, fun, camaraderie, scenic surroundings, (lots of beautiful) aircraft, meeting old- and making new friends, great accommodation possibilities, selected aviation vendor stands, great food & beverages. Such as the big barbecue on Saturday. There will also be a static show with aircraft ranging from the latest hi-tech light sport aircraft (LSA) to vintage airliners dating back to the ‘golden years of aviation’.

In 2014 approximately 200 aircraft were welcomed at Texel International Airport by Ed & Mike de Bruijn (organisers and hosts) from countries like Belgium, France, Germany, and the UK. This year they expect at least 300 aircraft (weather permitting of course).
More info and sign up at www.texelflyin.nl

I’ll join the party I plan to arrive friday and leave on sunday – camping under the wing – of course!

EDLE

I’ll be there on the Saturday

EHTE, Netherlands

We’ll have the Montgolfiarde in Rheine at that weekend, so I’ll not be present.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Great you are coming Nick and europaxs! If you know someone with a Stearman or Chipmunk or RV-6 please ask him to come.
Bicycles are available to explore the beautiful island. On Friday evening we will go to the Tropical Sea Festival in De Koog for the interested.
On Sunday we have live screening of the Formule 1 Grand Prix of Belgium.

@MH; Next year the Texel Fly-in will be held from 25 until 27 august 2017. You are welcome to come with your beautiful Lake Buccaneer.

Check our facebook for the latest news; https://www.facebook.com/events/122133834894153/?active_tab=posts

Last Edited by the_wingman at 06 Aug 20:57

Any forummembers flying to the Texel Fly-in in Holland this weekend?
Would be nice to catch up.
http://www.texelflyin.nl

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Sorry, I would have flown in but I have tickets to the Belgian Grand Prix so flying to EBSP Saturday morning ;-)

EDL*, Germany
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message