Wiki Posts
Search

[What is an] Aggregator Surcharge?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
[What is an] Aggregator Surcharge?

I made an RFS booking last night and scrolled to the bottom of the email (out of curiosity) but I have never seen this before. Anyone have any insights?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I hadn't spotted that before. I think it seems to be effectively the way BA accounts for the charges for RFS bookings. I made a short haul RFS in CE yesterday for 8500 + £25 and I notice in the email eticket is shows:

Government, authority and airport charges
Passenger Service Charge - United Kingdom GBP 7.60

British Airways fees and surcharges
Aggregator Surcharge GBP 24.50
Total taxes, fees and surcharges per person GBP 32.10
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I hadn't spotted that before. I think it seems to be effectively the way BA accounts for the charges for RFS bookings.
It's interesting that:
  1. It's £0.50 less than the RFS charge (based on your payment of £24.50, and the possibility that the OP's "aggregator surcharge" of £17.00 is £0.50 less than a common RFS fee of £17.50);
  2. The floor for RFS fees is now £0.50.
Although I know that not everyone agrees with me, it seems to me to add some weight to the theory that the number of Avios associated with a £0.50 charge is now regarded as the standard Avios rate for a route. For example:If it is indeed a BA charge, may I please be the first to ask whether there's a spelling mistake, and whether it was intended to be an "aggravator surcharge"?
CarefreeBA likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy lt Titanium, UA lt Gld MM, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold!
Was this booking made on BA.com? Or was it through a third party (using an NDC API connection or a GDS)? The aggregator fee is generally applied - as I understand it - to recover the costs an aggregator charges the airline for facilitating the booking... Very curious...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.