Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Confirms “Refresh” of Galleries T5B Lounge & Whispering Angel Rose Bar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Confirms “Refresh” of Galleries T5B Lounge & Whispering Angel Rose Bar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sigma421
Galleries as a base concept didn't even last that long did it? The new Glasgow and Edinburgh lounges opened in 2013 and were branded simply as the British Airways lounge.
That’s right - although the lounges from 2013 to around 2018 (prior to the latest concept Rome lounge opening) were internally known as Galleries Evolution, taking many of their cues from the original Galleries concept. BA tend to change their lounge concepts every 5 years or so.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
so back to basics…what’s happened to the pies! T5B last week..the chicken and garlic number was rather nice..now that dinky beef number!

Old Oct 11, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
[QUOTEnow that dinky beef number!

[/QUOTE]
Had that in LGW lounge the other week - thought it was rather nice, albeit I had to have 3 of them!
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Hmm, no comments yet on the deli bar? I have to say, I like it.
Bubbles09 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
I agree. I think they’ve done a good job with the refresh. Although I’m sure the cutlery has shrunk!!
greg5 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Bubbles09
I agree. I think they’ve done a good job with the refresh. Although I’m sure the cutlery has shrunk!!
So have the pies, but you get some terrine as well. It’s a nice combo. I have managed a nice dinner out of it.
Bubbles09 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
While I enjoyed the new deli bar, yesterday's visit to Galleries 5B wasn't that pleasant. It certainly has been discovered now. People lined up right to the top of the escalator to get in. One agent working the desk (back in the day when nobody seemed to know about it there were always 2 or sometimes 3 at the desks). Almost no seating available. Granted a bunch of flights heavily delayed including mine didn't help of course. The one time recently that I can say I wish I had stayed in GF as it was almost sedate in comparison
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Spa Area Update!

Currently in the BA lounge at the B gates, despite the post above from earlier today I have to say it is now an oasis of calm.

A Garden Centre has moved into the old spa area, it’s actually a very calming grove in which to sit.

Grove lounge, view towards the rear.

Grove lounge, view from rear.

Grove lounge, view along the front.

The only grip I have is the frosting on the window to handrail height which restricts one’s view whilst seated.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
A Garden Centre has moved into the old spa area, it’s actually a very calming grove in which to sit.
This looks utterly, laughably terrible. Surely this is temporary. Nice use of one of the sofas and a couple of the armchairs from the old LGW North Terraces lounge though - which must be almost 20 years old.

Last edited by Genius1; Oct 25, 2023 at 3:38 pm
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA has released official pictures of the refreshed T5B lounge:

BA Media Centre
Old Oct 26, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Looks nice I am heading out to Miami on the BA 209 in a couple of weeks. I think I will gamble on it being B gates and head straight there when we transfer from domestic
Old Oct 26, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Looks nice I am heading out to Miami on the BA 209 in a couple of weeks. I think I will gamble on it being B gates and head straight there when we transfer from domestic
One of my challenges, as a US based BAEC member, is that I'm familiar with LHR, but no so intimately familiar that I can gamble on what gates a given flight will end up leaving from, I just don't have enough data points. I just find it so frustrating that LHR is almost the only airport in the world, that I fly out of, that keeps one in suspense until almost the very last moment as to where it will depart from

That said, next time we are there, we'll probably head to this lounge to see the refresh as I continue to be deeply disappointed by T5 GF lounge, so might be worth the risk that I might have to "backtrack" if my gamble goes against me and I have to go back to the A gates

Regards
thegreatmrsj likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ghrycllwl
BA has released official pictures of the refreshed T5B lounge:

BA Media Centre
And, of course, there’s no mention of any improvements to the A Galleries Club lounges…
Old Oct 26, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
Currently in the BA lounge at the B gates, despite the post above from earlier today I have to say it is now an oasis of calm.

A Garden Centre has moved into the old spa area, it’s actually a very calming grove
Not to jump on the oh BA are rubbish bandwagon, but it looks like one of awful waiting areas in out-of-town offices from the 90’s when pot plants were trendy and used as a desperate attempt to hide the blandness of the grey industrial business parks! Ricky Gervais would feel at home here!!
Genius1, Kgmm77 and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:08 am
TGC

Programs: BA GGL
Seems to be a lack of plugs/chargin points in the new rainforest going off the photos, its a good job it is the 1990's still!

For a point of reference on how refurbs can accomodate the modern traveller, here's one of the recent Delta refurbs in the states, charging points everywhere

Genius1, choosethedrew and Kgmm77 like this.

Last edited by TGC; Oct 26, 2023 at 10:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.