Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Confirms “Refresh” of Galleries T5B Lounge & Whispering Angel Rose Bar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Confirms “Refresh” of Galleries T5B Lounge & Whispering Angel Rose Bar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ghrycllwl
BA has released official pictures of the refreshed T5B lounge:

BA Media Centre
That 'New' is doing some heavy lifting when they've just stuck a new front on it, I can't however wait to have it 'elevate' my 'premium experience'.
Attached Images  
Genius1, EuropeanPete and Soeftel like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 12:38 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Genius1
This looks utterly, laughably terrible.
My thoughts precisely 😂

I do like the "rainforest" label, though. Kudos to TGC for that 👍
Kgmm77 and TGC like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 4:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by chriswiles
No, when I was in there yesterday, the entire area around the Whispering Bar was closed off. Quite a large section, too.
Now open again, it appears.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by scubadu
One of my challenges, as a US based BAEC member, is that I'm familiar with LHR, but no so intimately familiar that I can gamble on what gates a given flight will end up leaving from, I just don't have enough data points. I just find it so frustrating that LHR is almost the only airport in the world, that I fly out of, that keeps one in suspense until almost the very last moment as to where it will depart from

That said, next time we are there, we'll probably head to this lounge to see the refresh as I continue to be deeply disappointed by T5 GF lounge, so might be worth the risk that I might have to "backtrack" if my gamble goes against me and I have to go back to the A gates

Regards
Two easy ways to find your gate if you dont have access to any ATC or BA data.

Easiest, look on FR24 and see what is operating your outbound, then check where that aircraft parked on the way in.

Or, use the BA map for T5 trial thing and your gate is at the top.

Neither are foolproof methods but generally work.

I was in the T5B lounge last night and it was very calm, and the whispering angel thing next to the toilets was open. I however stuck to Speedbird beer.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by Lynyrd
Easiest, look on FR24 and see what is operating your outbound, then check where that aircraft parked on the way in.

Or, use the BA map for T5 trial thing and your gate is at the top.

I use FR24 all the time, but I am uncertain how to find where the aircraft is currently parked. Do you care to guide me on how this is done?

Also, what is "the BA map for T5 trial thing", where do I find it?

I love new tools and tricks and would appreciate knowing this for future trips.

Many thanks in advance.

LcS
Nick_USA likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
So let's say you were on today's BA974, I would search on FR24 for BA974 and see which aircraft is due to fly it. If it was still in the air for its previous sector, I would take a look every now and then and see which gate it pulls into by putting FR24 into Google maps satellite mode. If it was already on the ground, I'd use the playback feature for its previous flight to work out which stand it went on.

Its not 100% certain to work, but generally will. You might get less success on first flight of the day if the aircraft has been towed from the Bealine base etc.

Or try https://wayfinding.maps.ba.com/ and it should tell you your stand along the top.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:22 am

So let's say you were on today's BA974, I would search on FR24 for BA974 and see which aircraft is due to fly it. If it was still in the air for its previous sector, I would take a look every now and then and see which gate it pulls into by putting FR24 into Google maps satellite mode. If it was already on the ground, I'd use the playback feature for its previous flight to work out which stand it went on.

Or try https://wayfinding.maps.ba.com/ and it should tell you your stand along the top.
Ahh! Thank you very much! That was very helpful, and kind of you

LcS
Lynyrd likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver

Thanks Lynyrd, that's one of the most useful things I've read on here. I've just checked it for flights in 5 hours time and a presumably provisional stand is shown. Thank you
Lynyrd likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Looks nice I am heading out to Miami on the BA 209 in a couple of weeks. I think I will gamble on it being B gates and head straight there when we transfer from domestic
It's super-simple getting to the C-gates from B and even back to A is a 10+ minute fast walk. Only issue I find is when you get the lift backup to the terminal, there's about 50 people eager to get in the lift and hardly anyone waits until you get out!

One of the strangest things about the walkway is seeing others walking towards B & C from A, rather than using the train. I guess it's a good way to get the legs going before a long flight.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
One of the strangest things about the walkway is seeing others walking towards B & C from A, rather than using the train. I guess it's a good way to get the legs going before a long flight.
My Mrs loves to use the walkway instead of the train. Though I noticed that a lot of the pictures that were on the wall have seem to have been enhanced last week when I was walking through the tunnel.
LCSinTexas and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 11:09 am

Oh, I walk to B or C any time I head that way. Going that way means that I am about to be locked into a metal/fibercomposit tube for many hours so take the opportunity to stretch my legs .

LcS
Old Oct 30, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
I almost always walk to B/C... It's guaranteed to be ~10 min and a relatively pleasant walk instead of waiting in a usually massive queue of people for a crowded train 😬.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
The new B lounge is great btw (rainforest aside), the new decor/furniture is contemporary and should be rolled out to the A lounges ASAP!
Old Oct 30, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Stopped by T5B lounge on the way to the C gates for my return flight, and it was so much better than the GF lounge during the outbound connection. Less crowded and not as stuffy.

I almost always walk from A to B/C. I did notice beginning earlier this year, the wait for the lift at A along with the ride itself to go down to the walkway has made this journey less pleasant though since a lot more people are using them to get to the train.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The calorie sheets for this lounge (the ones for T5A are fairly similar from memory).

chistery and timlewis808 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.