AngieNg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Cendol, Malaysian dessert

IMG_20180916_002254.jpg

Cendol, the most popular local dessert of Malaysia. It's my favourite dessert too.

Kwong Wah Ice Kacang, Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Cendol, Malaysian dessert

Hi @AngieNg,

Thank you for sharing, it looks delicious!

This dessert is so colorful, and looks really nice.

I've been looking at it a few times now, and still can't figure out what it's made of. The red part on top could look a bit like pomegranate, but I must say your photo has left me clueless. 

Can you tell us a bit about what ingredients make up this dessert?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Hi @MortenSI , thank you for your interest to learn more 🙂

The red stuff is cooked red beans, while the green jelly is made of flour with mixed "pandan leave" juice (it brings the natural fragrance and the beautiful green colour).

The main ingredient is shaved fine ice then pour the fresh coconut milk on top of it with the green jelly, followed by the brown colour palm sugar syrup (Gula Melaka) and finally top it up with cooked red beans.

It all made from natural ingredients and easily available in South East Asia.

This is very refreshing local dessert especially on hot sunny day.

Thank you and have a great day!

Former Google Contributor

So the bottom part is shaved ice with coconut milk! I would never have guessed that, in fact was about to say some sort of cotton candy. 

It looks like nothing I've ever seen before @AngieNg, but I really want to try it now.

With all those interesting ingredients all in one dessert, I don't have the slightest idea how it would taste.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!