First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Any tricks to getting the XML file to populate? I went through the software install, cycled the ignition, got the prompt that said to unplug USB and that the install was complete. Verified by the new interface, and also the system says "3.4_20282". But when I plug the USB back into the computer there's nothing - just the .gz files.

So I went back out to the truck (3 separate times) and the install just seems to run again. (System updating message on the screen). And every time there's a new "interlog" folder created with the date and time of the newest install. But no xml file ever gets generated... :curse:

Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Updated today. All went well. Smoother with less iterations than previous updates.

After the reboot, I was promptly blinded by Day Mode with Auto Display. Immediately switched back to Night Always where I had it before - more better.

XML file created as shown was only update to USB. No "interlog" folders.

Uploaded XML file. Website reported "Update Confirmed".

Yay.

Image 1167.png

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Use the files from the F-150 updater? Can also run another dealer used stock VIN that matches your system, Nav or Non-Nav, and get a new updater.
Yes, I still have the Gracenotes and NA Language Pack files from the F150 that were missing from the Ranger update. I am going to assume the 2019 F150 Platinum and 2019 Ranger XLT Sync 3 v3.4 Build 20282 w/navigation use the same files.

What I don't have is the knowledge of how to edit the Ranger Sync 3 update to be able to go back and install just those 2 missing files.

Last edited:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Yes, I still have the Gracenotes and NA Language Pack files from the F150 that were missing from the Ranger update. I am going to assume the 2019 F150 Platinum and 2019 Ranger XLT Sync 3 v3.4 Build 20282 w/navigation use the same files.

What I don't have is the knowledge of how to edit the Ranger Sync 3 update to be able to go back and install just those 2 missing files.
Yep, if they're both Nav, they're identical. You don't need to edit it, it'll effectively skip over the file that's already there and just update what needs it.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, if they're both Nav, they're identical. You don't need to edit it, it'll effectively skip over the file that's already there and just update what needs it.
Ok, so let me check for understanding...

I can just copy the 2 additional files (NA Language Pack and Gracenotes) from the F150 SyncMyRide folder and paste them into the Ranger SyncMyRide folder and perform the entire update all over again and the only files that will be installed are the 2 additional files that weren't previously installed - NA Language Pack and Gracenotes?

Nothing else needs to be done with any of the other files?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Ok, so let me check for understanding...

I can just copy the 2 additional files (NA Language Pack and Gracenotes) from the F150 SyncMyRide folder and paste them into the Ranger SyncMyRide folder and perform the entire update all over again and the only files that will be installed are the 2 additional files that weren't previously installed - NA Language Pack and Gracenotes?

Nothing else needs to be done with any of the other files?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG
Easier. Just re-use the stick / download you had for the F-150. Since both trucks are NAV, the installer is identical. Then no need to mess with the autoinstall and such.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easier. Just re-use the stick / download you had for the F-150. Since both trucks are NAV, the installer is identical. Then no need to mess with the autoinstall and such.
That sounds too easy...

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. You're lucky both are identical NA NAV systems so one drive will update both.
So why when I look in Oasis on my 2019 Ranger don't I see the current NA Gracenotes file?

I clearly see the NA Gracenotes file on my 2019 F150.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
So why when I look in Oasis on my 2019 Ranger don't I see the current NA Gracenotes file?

I clearly see the NA Gracenotes file on my 2019 F150.
FWIW - I only had the 5 files on my Ranger as well. Missing the second "5U5T-XXXXXX" file.

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Okay take this with a grain of salt... But I just contacted the Ford customer support asking about the missing XML file. Seems as though the Truck should automatically update the Ford owner website with the new software version after a period of time over-the-air.

Me: Is there was a way on your end to manually tell your system that my truck is indeed on 3.4 20282, without the XML file?
Rep: At this time, there is no way to confirm the update with us. Don't worry, you will still receive future updates. It may take a few days or for your vehicle to travel a certain mileage before it reflects on our end.
Me: So the truck will automatically send that information back to ford over the air? even without me submitting my XML file?
Rep: That is correct. The web page just has not been updated to reflect the new process. I understand that it is confusing.

toddyfunk

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Ranger Tremor, Tech 501a, Tow
Occupation
IT Management
All went smoothly for me. It wasn't available over Wi-Fi but the USB install was simple. 2019 Lariat - climate controls remained. XML file received and uploaded back to Ford. So far so good but haven't yet given it a full test drive test...

gttafoya

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electronics Technician
Updated to SYNC3 v3.4.20282.
I did notice that the SiriusXM Travel Link gas prices app shows the station and the distance but the price is missing.

toddyfunk

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Ranger Tremor, Tech 501a, Tow
Occupation
IT Management
I did find a small issue. When I went for a drive I realized Sirius appears as if it wasn't activated. I called Sirius and through the automated system they sent a signal to refresh my subscription and it took like 30 seconds and my stations started working again.
Sponsored

Last edited: